The Middle Tennessee Thread

Do you know of anyone east of Nashville who has Lavs and Black splits? I have a project cockerel I need to find a home for....he's a hookless-feathered Am, black split, but he has red/gold leakage on him. I have several hatch mates, but I'm not real sure what they all are. They are about 20 weeks old. I know I have at least 2 cockerels---one lav and one black split. They need to be crossed back to smooth-feathered Ams occaisionally for vigor.

I will be looking for a couple high-quality black pullets in the spring to put in with the Lavender silkied cockerel.

They are strange birds....

Are those thespoiledchicken's Silkied? I thought about getting some of those, but decided I have too many projects already, lol...

East of Nash how far? I believe dstokely is around Knoxville area and has Lav/Splits...

Are those thespoiledchicken's Silkied? I thought about getting some of those, but decided I have too many projects already, lol...

East of Nash how far? I believe dstokely is around Knoxville area and has Lav/Splits...

Yes! They came from thespoiledchicken! I was really happy with them. She sent me 15 eggs and 11 hatched.

I accidentally killed one after hatch. Then, I gave them to a broody to raise. When she abandoned them suddenly at about four weeks, I lost one that day. I think it wandered away (we live in the woods). Then one jumped into a water bucket and drowned and a coyote got another one. I have seven left---three lavender and four black split...

They don't really mingle much with my other chickens. Here is a pic of a few of them:

At hatch:

Yes! They came from thespoiledchicken! I was really happy with them. She sent me 15 eggs and 11 hatched.

I accidentally killed one after hatch. Then, I gave them to a broody to raise. When she abandoned them suddenly at about four weeks, I lost one that day. I think it wandered away (we live in the woods). Then one jumped into a water bucket and drowned and a coyote got another one. I have seven left---three lavender and four black split...

They don't really mingle much with my other chickens. Here is a pic of a few of them:

At hatch:

They are adorable! And sounds like you had similar issues as I did when I hatched out my first Ohiki, lol... it's always the ones we want most that we have the most messed up string of issues with, eh?

I have a beautiful 6 month old rooster, for free to a good home. He's very sweet and not aggressive. I'd love to keep him, but I live in the city.

He's gorgeous. I'm sure you'll find a home for him. We'd take him, but already have a rooster for our small flock. We live in the city and have a no-crow collar. It works really well!

Back
Top Bottom