The Middle Tennessee Thread

They are big and they are beautiful. I ended up with one cockerel and 4 pullets. The four pullets are laying 3-4 eggs a day currently. they are not friendly but they are not aggressive at all. When someone decides to go broody I am going to be hatching some of those pretty brown eggs. One of the pullets has a weird tail. Her tail feathers are pointing down instead of up. So I am going to cull her soon.

See the one with the weird tail feathers. Any idea what causes that?
We did eat a couple of extra cockerels. They tasted like chicken.
wink.png

Anybody got snow pics yet? I took some today with my SIL's phone camera. I will post them as soon as he sends them to my email. I made a shelter out of my old broken hay ring for my geese. Later when I build them a pallet house it will be my greenhouse. It did well in the snow. I have 4mil plastic and a tarp (until I can get more 4 mil) with woven black plastic (that they use to keep dirt from eroding during construction) around the base. Held up under 9-10 inches of snow.

They are big and they are beautiful. I ended up with one cockerel and 4 pullets. The four pullets are laying 3-4 eggs a day currently. they are not friendly but they are not aggressive at all. When someone decides to go broody I am going to be hatching some of those pretty brown eggs. One of the pullets has a weird tail. Her tail feathers are pointing down instead of up. So I am going to cull her soon.

See the one with the weird tail feathers. Any idea what causes that?
We did eat a couple of extra cockerels. They tasted like chicken.
wink.png

Very nice!

I'm interested in a couple polish crested (frizzle) if you have them and bantam Cochin frizzled. Please let me know when they're ready. I'm excited that you're close to home. What color polish and Cochins do you have?
My first batch of the year is hatching now. So far there are white crested blue and black Polish, and bantam cochin in blue, lemon blue, splash, white and birchen. I can't tell who will frizzle for the next 5 days or so. Will post a picture when they all hatch!

Back
Top Bottom