The Middle Tennessee Thread

I have heard those Chinese bubble incubators cook eggs. I would for sure get another thermometer to make sure it stays the temperature it is supposed to. Good luck on all your hatching. You have a lot going on!

Good to know. I just remember last year someone had bought one of them for the HAL and to her shock and surprise it played music too!

My doe kidded yesterday!!
love.gif

Last year I got some Black Java eggs from North Carolina. Thought they sounded like a good dual purpose breed. I have been impressed with them. I have 4 pullets that are laying 3-4 medium to large eggs a day. They are big, beautiful chickens. My rooster has never given me a second of grief. I currently have a few of their eggs under a silkie and a few more in a small incubator. Anxious to see how they turn out.

Hello! I'm about to get my first chickens that we will be keeping in our backyard. I have 4 kids under 7 so we are looking for a family friendly breed. I am also hoping to find some that are nearing laying age. Does anyone happen to know where I could find something matching this description? Was hoping for some orpingtons. Looking for 4-5

Hello! I'm about to get my first chickens that we will be keeping in our backyard. I have 4 kids under 7 so we are looking for a family friendly breed. I am also hoping to find some that are nearing laying age. Does anyone happen to know where I could find something matching this description? Was hoping for some orpingtons. Looking for 4-5

Welcome to BYC! Orpingtons are one of the best breeds for families. Brahmas, Barred rocks and Delewares are great as well. I dont have any of those available right now though. Hope you find some

Back
Top Bottom