The Middle Tennessee Thread

For sure! I'll definitely keep y'all updated. I took the next 2 days off work so I can go pick them up at the PO, ooh and ahh over them and get them settled in :p
Sweet!!! Good luck!!! :fl :thumbsup
Put my Heritage Reds in the breeding pen. Need to hatch for myself, plus I have 100 people wanting them. Never going to happen.
Very nice flock!! I know how you feel... have the same thing happening with my Ameraucanas, lol... :th

Sweet!!! Good luck!!!
fl.gif
thumbsup.gif

Very nice flock!!

I know how you feel... have the same thing happening with my Ameraucanas, lol...
th.gif
I just got some Wheaten Ameraucanas eggs from a friend. Hatched 2 cockerels and 6 pullets. Will be a good start.

Needing observations from someone more experienced....my very first attempt at hatching my own eggs.

Am roo over barred SBEL....are these two boys or four boys? Two of them have very faint dots and two are large dots (fifth chick has no dot). One of these chicks is from a Barred Rock, but the rest are from the SBEL.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Needing observations from someone more experienced....my very first attempt at hatching my own eggs.

Am roo over barred SBEL....are these two boys or four boys? Two of them have very faint dots and two are large dots (fifth chick has no dot). One of these chicks is from a Barred Rock, but the rest are from the SBEL.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

*I think* it's 2 boys and 2 girls, but could be wrong... I know some Cream Legbars and some Barred Rocks hatch out girls with faint head spots, but the boys have bigger, clearer ones...

I'd wait for more input from others though... :)

Thanks in advance!!!!!

If you can eliminate the barred rock ANY head spot would be a rooster. That is a sexlink cross so ANY size spot is a cockerel.

I am in Clarksville. I read the city ordinance for residential zoning. We live in a neighborhood but we are zoned commercial. How does this change? Just need to know limits. I bought 9 baby chicks yesterday. They are currently in the basement under a brooder light and will be for awhile. We are also looking to get some ducks. Thanks in advance. We are in the city limits.

I am in Clarksville. I read the city ordinance for residential zoning. We live in a neighborhood but we are zoned commercial. How does this change? Just need to know limits. I bought 9 baby chicks yesterday. They are currently in the basement under a brooder light and will be for awhile. We are also looking to get some ducks. Thanks in advance. We are in the city limits.

Welcome to the thread!

IDK anything about the ordinances in Clarksville about chickens though.

Have you called the city...anonymously to ask?

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but may get you started.
http://www.cityofclarksville.com/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=821

welcome...

Just a thought, but since you already purchased your chicks, I wouldn't worry about the ordinances until you have a reason. If someone comes knocking on your door have them explain the rules and regulations then deal with it accordingly. If you hadn't already purchased your birds, then sure call the right people to get the right answers, but in the meanwhile, I'd carry on.
D.gif
idunno.gif

Have a wonderful day!

Back
Top Bottom