The Middle Tennessee Thread

Well I have had one of my silver cots hatch. One of the two lightbulbs I was running burned out and set the hatch back by who knows how much time. The remaining light bulb didn't let the temps drop below 80˚ F but I have no idea when to expect the remaining eggs cots and chickens to hatch.
Right now I have the little silver quail in a rolled down sock under my shirt because he was chirping so distressed alone in the incubator. Now he is chirping happily. I say he but I am hoping for a girl.

Where can I get baby ducks in middle tn?
What kind of ducks are you looking for? That would help narrow down where to look... looks like msmeower has 'scovies and crosses... I have Call ducks and I saw Pekins in TSC the other day... :)
I've got 4 ducklings left for sale right now. 2 are blue-black muscovy and 2 are white/frosted muscovy/swedish crosses. They are about a week old. I'll have more Muscovy and Muscovy crosses hatching this week. $6 each. We are between Shelbyville, Lynchburg and Tullahoma.
Do you ever sell 'scovy eggs? I think a friend was looking for some...
Well I have had one of my silver cots hatch. One of the two lightbulbs I was running burned out and set the hatch back by who knows how much time. The remaining light bulb didn't let the temps drop below 80˚ F but I have no idea when to expect the remaining eggs cots and chickens to hatch. Right now I have the little silver quail in a rolled down sock under my shirt because he was chirping so distressed alone in the incubator. Now he is chirping happily. I say he but I am hoping for a girl.
Glad the little one is ok... hope more hatch for you... I just had a few Calls hatch out too...

Well I have had one of my silver cots hatch. One of the two lightbulbs I was running burned out and set the hatch back by who knows how much time. The remaining light bulb didn't let the temps drop below 80˚ F but I have no idea when to expect the remaining eggs cots and chickens to hatch. Right now I have the little silver quail in a rolled down sock under my shirt because he was chirping so distressed alone in the incubator. Now he is chirping happily. I say he but I am hoping for a girl.
I hope more hatch for you and you have better luck than I did. I got some (not silver) last year. After 2 mix-ups and 5 months of waiting....I finally received a crushed box of eggs. Only 10 of the 120 hatched. So disappointing. They started laying at 5 weeks and laid for about a month (back in October). Haven't seen an egg since! It was one thing after another...just not meant to be! :hit

I hope more hatch for you and you have better luck than I did. I got some (not silver) last year. After 2 mix-ups and 5 months of waiting....I finally received a crushed box of eggs. Only 10 of the 120 hatched. So disappointing. They started laying at 5 weeks and laid for about a month (back in October). Haven't seen an egg since! It was one thing after another...just not meant to be!
hit.gif

They didn't lay any funky calcium coated greenish eggs did they? A female I had did and then went into moult and then it was winter but I started providing more light and she should have started back up again. I noticed that she was refusing the advances of the male and I checked her out. She had a prolapse that seemed to be healing. So I tapped the prolapse back inside at least once a day for about a week until it didn't pop out any more. She still hasn't laid me an egg but it is a wonder she didn't die.

Do you ever sell 'scovy eggs? I think a friend was looking for some...
My ducks are all free rangers. The hens like to lay their eggs and make their nests in stalls in one of our barns near the pond...which works out good for me because I can shut the stall door and put in food and water for the moms and ducklings after they hatch and keep them away from predators....but it makes collecting eggs really hard, because they lay them in the corners so fast I can't keep track,and then before I know it, a hen is brooding a nest. And woe to the person that makes a momma Muscovy mad! And woe to the person that picks up a duck egg that has been hidden under shavings for 2-3 months and explodes when it's handled!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom