The Middle Tennessee Thread

I told everyone I'd keep them updated on the Emu eggs and totally forgot :/ They've been in the incubator for about 5 days now, and my hubby is on his way to the PO to pick up 4 more (had an empty 'bator, so of course I need to put something in there). Here are the 1st 4 :weee Thats a large olive egger egg in the middle to give you an idea of how big they are!!!!!!! :th
Beautiful!!! Good luck on your hatch (es)... :jumpy And thanks for sharing!!! :D

I told everyone I'd keep them updated on the Emu eggs and totally forgot :/ They've been in the incubator for about 5 days now, and my hubby is on his way to the PO to pick up 4 more (had an empty 'bator, so of course I need to put something in there). Here are the 1st 4 :weee Thats a large olive egger egg in the middle to give you an idea of how big they are!!!!!!! :th
Those are so pretty. How long do they incubate and can you candle them.?

Those are so pretty. How long do they incubate and can you candle them.?

They take about 55-60 days (too dang long) depending on temp. And nope, no candling, they're completely opaque. I think thats the worst part, I can't see in them to see what's going on. I weigh them every day to track weight loss. I can eventually test them for signs of life, but not until somewhere around the 35 day mark :hit

My eggs just hit MEMPHIS!!!!
barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif

OMG.
barnie.gif
I so wish there was another way besides MEMPHIS to get to TN/MS/Bama from the west.
he.gif
You and your eggs are in my thoughts.
hugs.gif

My eggs from Oregon flew into BNA and were perfect. It seems like the further they come, the better shape they arrive in. Maybe yours will be ok.
fl.gif

At least it's Thursday instead of a Monday arrival.

Let us know...Good Luck!

Thanks Ravyn. I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for these, I've never really had much luck with shipped eggs :fl

Got mine :fl for ya too... I've had good, bad and indifferent with shipped... but never any THAT big, lol...

Close, so close! You'll get them tomorrow I'm assuming? :fl they arrive in good shape!!!!

They would be in better shape if they went through Nashville instead... I have only ever gotten a single egg to hatch from all the boxes that went through Memphis... :/

OMG.  :barnie  I so wish there was another way besides MEMPHIS to get to TN/MS/Bama from the west. :he    You and your eggs are in my thoughts.:hugs

My eggs from Oregon flew into BNA and were perfect. It seems like the further they come, the better shape they arrive in. Maybe yours will be ok. :fl

At least it's Thursday instead of a Monday arrival. 

Let us know...Good Luck! 

Thanks... :hugs

Glad those ones made it to you in good shape... yep, the less hubs they actually go through the better they do... and any that have to fly to go further do the best... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom