The Middle Tennessee Thread

You know even PURE Ams egg color will vary.  They have a pretty extensive color chart.  I have had pure ams from top breeders in the country and egg color will vary from blue to green.

I gotta agree with this... had a couple convos recently with 2 different major breeders... one still gets some greenish eggs he is trying to weed out and the other still gets white egg layers due to not all of them carrying 2 blue egg genes...

Heck, I've got EE's that lay prettier blues than a lot of my Am's, lol...

I have a Wyandotte bantam hen that looks like she was stepped on and perhaps has her left leg out of socket at the hip/pelvis joint. The left and right joint don't feel the same with the left having the knob further forward than the right. I remember that there is at least one vet on here. If you could pm me that would be awesome. I have her in the house in a box with shavings and food and water. I applied cold first and then later gave her a warm bath.

I finally made it to middle Tennessee. I brought my flock in from Oklahoma. I brought 17 hens 2 roosters 7 five week old chicks and 24 two week old chicks. For now they're in Dover until I get my pens built. I carried them in their coops and brooder on a 16 ft trailer.

I have a Wyandotte bantam hen that looks like she was stepped on and perhaps has her left leg out of socket at the hip/pelvis joint. The left and right joint don't feel the same with the left having the knob further forward than the right. I remember that there is at least one vet on here. If you could pm me that would be awesome. I have her in the house in a box with shavings and food and water. I applied cold first and then later gave her a warm bath.
Can you post a few pictures? If it's truly out of joint, you can try to put it back in and make a split to try to hold it in place, but that's very tricky in chickens! Not really a do-it-yourself project! It could very well be fractured, too. Photos wouldn't show that, of course, but some sort of visual would help....

I finally made it to middle Tennessee. I brought my flock in from Oklahoma. I brought 17 hens 2 roosters 7 five week old chicks and 24 two week old chicks. For now they're in Dover until I get my pens built. I carried them in their coops and brooder on a 16 ft trailer.

WOW! Welcome to Tennessee!

What a trip. You weren't in a covered wagon, but that was still an ordeal I am sure. Glad you got here safely!

You know even PURE Ams egg color will vary. They have a pretty extensive color chart. I have had pure ams from top breeders in the country and egg color will vary from blue to green.

Well hopefully i can get some blues cause i have 5 or so hens that lay a very lite green and a couple OE but would really like some blues to go with them.

Caught a break in between the rain to go out to the coop any hang out with my chicks for a bit, they're about 10 weeks old now . Here's some pics of a few of my favorites
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom