The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote: You have roos right? They will keep mounting and injure her more. I have an Exchequer Leghorn hen doing the same thing. I pulled her out and she is trying to use it today but I think it will be awhile before she can go back in with a rooster. Roosters can injure them and then it keeps getting worse.

This is kind of strange, but I have a SBEL who has the same type thing going on. I have her put up for about a week but the leg doesn't seem to be improving. I had considered taking her to @PennyHen since she had some luck. It is like her hip is out. She can stand, but cannot bring the leg forward to step without putting a wing down. Otherwise she continues to lay, eat and drink. Is this something to do with spring and overzealous roosters?

This is kind of strange, but I have a SBEL who has the same type thing going on. I have her put up for about a week but the leg doesn't seem to be improving. I had considered taking her to @PennyHen since she had some luck. It is like her hip is out. She can stand, but cannot bring the leg forward to step without putting a wing down. Otherwise she continues to lay, eat and drink. Is this something to do with spring and overzealous roosters?

BINGO Overzealous Roosters every time! When I first took my girl out she had her toes curled up. Yesterday she had her toes out like normal but didn't want to use it.... today she was limping using her leg. I am hoping she will be ok in a couple of weeks. No egg today.... she has been laying like crazy.

BINGO Overzealous Roosters every time! When I first took my girl out she had her toes curled up. Yesterday she had her toes out like normal but didn't want to use it.... today she was limping using her leg. I am hoping she will be ok in a couple of weeks. No egg today.... she has been laying like crazy.

Darn Guys...

Are some of those chicks Java's?

Yep. Three with a broody silkie and in the brooder is 13 freedom rangers plus 3 more Javas from my little incubator plus an "oops wrong egg" not Java. Probably a BLRW X CCL. Excited to get a few of my Javas hatched. Got another broody. Going to put some Bresse eggs under her and maybe a few more Javas.

You have roos right?  They will keep mounting and injure her more.  I have an Exchequer Leghorn hen doing the same thing.  I pulled her out and she is trying to use it today but I think it will be awhile before she can go back in with a rooster.  Roosters can injure them and then it keeps getting worse.

If she is not better Saturday when I'm off work I'll have to figure something out. I just have the two roosters in with a bunch of girls and one rooster is a silkie so I was hoping she would have limited exposure since there are other more will prospects. I checked tonight an she is roosting on the floor. Poor baby.

Darn Guys...

Rotten, randy roos. . .
gig.gif

If anyone's looking for frizzled Silkies or Sizzles, I have about a dozen nice chicks I'll be making a sale ad for soon. I figured I'd let y'all know first if anyone wanted to grab some :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom