The Middle Tennessee Thread

This little guy was in a batch of tsc bantams that I got. Anyone know what he/she might be? Mille d'uccle??
1f64f.png

Ok so tsc chick days are going to end tomorrow if i'm correct and things are moving quite slowly with the getting chickens in my family. Does any one around here or know somone who are sell or breeding sussexes ,easter eggers, maybe campines or black sex links. Also any barn yard mixes or other chickens are fine as long as they lay well and are friendly . So maybe I should of made my own thread but i thought it would be easier to just ask here. Thanks!

I am over run with chicks! I've got marans, black copper, blue copper and white. I've got 9 broodys right now, so a LOT of mutts. The roosters are australorp and Silverudd blue which lay green eggs. I also have brown leghorn chicks and a couple of brown leghorn/swedish flower hen crosses. I have a variety of ages. In about a week, I will be hatching more black and blue copper marans and some swedish flower hens.

I don't have those particular breeds, but am almost always hatching and growing out many chicks... Ameraucanas, Cream Legbars, Silkies, an Aussie/Orp project, plus others...

Dunno if anyone has sussex or campines... :confused:

I have easter eggers and olive eggers available.

Thanks guys!  Any one else? Oh yeah how much are your chicks typically RavynFallen and CitygirlintheCountry?

Easter eggers and barnyard mixes here.

Hi yall sorry to but in y'all's thread but I live in Mayfield KY and I'm looking for some 4 to 5 month old Road island red hens for a good price or I would be willing to trade I have 3 red ranger roosters thay are 4 months old and thay are very healthy and very well behaved.

Ok I have been wondering about trying the dry incubation method and I figured who could possibly be better to ask than my fellow Tennesseans! It would seem to me that this method would be based more of on area of the country in which you live and seeing as we live in the humid southern US this would be more tailored for our area. I'm just curious as to y'alls personal experiences using it.

I am new to incubating. I live in north middle Tn. I tried every water channel in it and they all made the humidity 70-90%. I tested with no water and it runs at 45-50%. At day 20 I add water to make the 65-70% for hatching. I only had one that I helped out of the shell.

If you're using a styro bator, I fully agree with the results crawford posted... some of the cabinets need just a bit of water though, I've noticed anyways... my redwood cabinet does best with just a little bit of water during incubation...

I am new to incubating. I live in north middle Tn. I tried every water channel in it and they all made the humidity 70-90%. I tested with no water and it runs at 45-50%. At day 20 I add water to make the 65-70% for hatching. I only had one that I helped out of the shell.

I had to turn on the AC to get my humidity down. For me, this is the hardest time of year to hatch because I want the windows open, but if I do that I drown my chicks. I was running 40% before I turned the AC on and now I am back into the low 30's.

Back
Top Bottom