The Middle Tennessee Thread

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the information. Yes, Ravyn, I have 2 styro GQF Genesis. I bought them last summer and haven't had a chance to hatch anything from them yet.
Last spring I bought an Incuview incubator and had several batches of eggs shipped to me. When I got the eggs most of my boxes looked like they had been used for football practice and they were all scrambled. I did receive 1 batch that arrived in good condition and I thought things were going good during incubation. Unfortunately when everything was said and done I only had one egg to hatch. I know you take your chances with shipped eggs but dang.
Anyways come to find out the humidity dial's hand was stuck at one position on the dial so I'm sure I drowned them.
hit.gif
Poor little things! I should have had extra hydrometers in there anyways but you live and you learn. I will stick with the GQF's for now anyways.
Not that it would have mattered much anyways because come fall I ended up with sick birds and choose to cull all 26!
barnie.gif
Sometimes it feels like you can't win for losing! After that I decided that I just wasn't going to have any little peeps again but I have since changed my mind. It's like we say about cattle farming " If you have'em you will lose some, If you don't have'em you can't" It's just the chance you take. So I would prefer to have them!
I believe I will try the dry method when I get some eggs. Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the information. Yes, Ravyn, I have 2 styro GQF Genesis. I bought them last summer and haven't had a chance to hatch anything from them yet. 
Last spring I bought an Incuview incubator and had several batches of eggs shipped to me. When I got the eggs most of my boxes looked like they had been used for football practice and they were all scrambled.  I did receive 1 batch that arrived in good condition and I thought things were going good during incubation. Unfortunately when everything was said and done I only had one egg to hatch. I know you take your chances with shipped eggs but dang.
Anyways come to find out the humidity dial's hand was stuck at one position on the dial so I'm sure I [COLOR=222222]drowned them. [/COLOR]:hit  Poor little things!  I should have had extra hydrometers in there anyways but you live and you learn.  I will stick with the GQF's for now anyways. 
Not that it would have mattered much anyways because come fall I ended up with sick birds and choose to cull all 26! :barnie  Sometimes it feels like you can't win for losing! After that I decided that I just wasn't going to have any little peeps again but I have since changed my mind. It's like we say about cattle farming " If you have'em you will lose some, If you don't have'em you can't" It's just the chance you take. So I would prefer to have them!  
I believe I will try the dry method when I get some eggs. Thanks everyone for your help!

I have 2 of the Genesis Hova 1588's too, lol... been running them both for over a year and a half... love my Leahy, but those 2 are amazing... I hatch all of my Calls in them and they work great! I never add water until first pip though...

So sorry to hear about your luck, with the shipped eggs and your flock... maybe some of us might have eggs yiu are looking for??? Can never hurt to ask before trying shipped again...

I usually have lots of eggs, but right at this time I have at least 20 broodys, think I need to start breaking some, lol...

FYI. The TSC in Gallatin has lowered the prices on their chicks. Seems they over ordered and got to many. I got leghorn pullets a sex link pullets for $1.50 and rhode islands for $1. They have a bunch of silkies,a few bantams, Cornish rocks,and others for $1.50 also.

I was always told that the only stupid question was a question not asked. And I never did believe that though.lol... I get my birds at rule king but thay usually have the same old birds.

FYI. The TSC in Gallatin has lowered the prices on their chicks. Seems they over ordered and got to many. I got leghorn pullets a sex link pullets for $1.50 and rhode islands for $1. They have a bunch of silkies,a few bantams, Cornish rocks,and others for $1.50 also.

I was in there last week and thought they didnt have silkies. Of course no one even offered to help. So, I just bought a bunch of Ayams off of RBA instead.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom