The Middle Tennessee Thread

I can't remember exactly, it cost me 30 something for 100 lbs of layer and 50 lbs of medicated. I never bother getting a receipt. So it may be around $12. My memory is pitiful tonight

If you want organic, Hillsboro Hardware on 21st in Nashville has it from a local farm. My chickens have always loved it. It is not pelleted, has soy, corn, wheat? and vitamins. It is about 17$ for 25lbs. Expensive, but a good price for organic. I'm not sure where the farm it comes from is, but I remember you can get it directly from them.

The address is on the bottom of second picture. The medicated is actually produced by someone else.

Thanks! I need higher protein for my quail and have had an extremely difficult time finding it. I was able to special order game bird starter, but it's medicated...

I'm not real close to there, but my husband drives nearby on a fairly regular basis with his job.

Well we have had our first major tragedy today. I bought some turkeys back in March, so we kept them inside until June so they wouldn't get cold. We would let them out at night to play with them and they would fly and run all through the house. So, y'all know they were spoiled babies. We lost all but one over the months, so he really was a baby. We were pulling out of the drive today and my daughter ran over him. She was devastated, even saying "How can I be a nurse? I can't take care of anything!" So, now we have to find some more so she can be a nurse.
1f600.png

Well we have had our first major tragedy today. I bought some turkeys back in March, so we kept them inside until June so they wouldn't get cold. We would let them out at night to play with them and they would fly and run all through the house. So, y'all know they were spoiled babies. We lost all but one over the months, so he really was a baby. We were pulling out of the drive today and my daughter ran over him. She was devastated, even saying "How can I be a nurse? I can't take care of anything!" So, now we have to find some more so she can be a nurse.
1f600.png

Oh, no! So sorry!!

You're a bit far from us, but we could hatch some bronzes for you if you'd like... when you're ready for them...

ETA: actually, they might be Naragansett, lol...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom