The Middle Tennessee Thread

Please give them beer in their water in their separate runs for the full day before you move them at night together and give them beer in their water the full day they are merged. The beer makes them happy, more docile
And it is difficult for them to Beat the beegeebees out of each other staggering around drunk. After that you will not need to give them beer in their water.

I learned that from Gruman in Long Island back in the 60's. And early 70's. They would give the chickens beer before they would air shoot them at A -4's to test the windshields. Animal rights stopped that. It was their argument was would you rather passengers die and they never felt a thing they had beer for breakfast. I am not from New York, just from a military family, married military and retired military. All airplane plants tested the windshields with drunken chickens back in the day. Ever know what happened to a windshield not properly tested on an aircraft coming down out of a cloud and hit a flock of birds? Death and destruction and many human lives lost. It is how I remember it from the days of yore.
I understand the necessity of some animal testing. The thing is now you only have to do a test like that a few times with sensors gathering data and you can engineer a test dummy chicken that can perform the tests without having to shoot real chickens into the wind shields. But being drunk was more kindness than many people have shown to test animals.

Keep me posted...I am really looking for a Narri!! My hens arent laying yet, are yours? Last year at this time they were in full swing.
Two of my calico hens started laying last week-end. I'm anxious to put them in the incubator and see if they're fertile yet! Last year I didn't get any turkey eggs until late February, I think. I will have Tiger Narragansetts, Muted Calico (which produce Calico, Royal Palm, Red Palm, Blue Palm, Pencilled Palm and more) , and variations of Blue Slate this year.

I understand the necessity of some animal testing. The thing is now you only have to do a test like that a few times with sensors gathering data and you can engineer a test dummy chicken that can perform the tests without having to shoot real chickens into the wind shields. But being drunk was more kindness than many people have shown to test animals.
I don't know what they do now adays. Jointed crash test Chicken dummies. Live but plastered chickens was back in the 60's & 70's. Research has really come along way baby. My grandma said the good ole days are now. She discovered washing machine that she could crank instead of hand washing everything. Mom said the good ole days are now, she had inside washer and dryer. I say the good ole days are now, my washer and dryer are push button & self balancing. Nothing ever goes out of balance. Things are different now adays. Research has come along way.

I have 4 and the only leakage I've seen is white on the tips of their toes. Would they be worth $75 each?

Leakage would be in the feathers and is usually hidden in pullets/hens IF they carry it... white toe tips is incomplete fibro expression and not ideal for breeding... do all of them have white toe tips?

I haven't looked in a while. It's one or two toes on the ones that do.

Yeah, those I wouldn't really be interested in... already have a cockerel like that I hatched from someone else's eggs I'm going to cull... :/

Back
Top Bottom