The Middle Tennessee Thread

My farm was not so lucky. I don't know how much damage on our side but the neighbor ad 5-7 silver maples that separated our property and they fell like dominoes out across the street (might have gotten our mailboxes too) took out the power and my new babies are probably freezing. I don't know if we can even get to them they have the road closed last I heard. We could have more trees down. I live about 10 mins away and nothing really here but we are high and the farm is in a valley.

We're getting pummeled right now. Keep looking out the back window at the coops waiting for shingles to start flying. This wind is ridiculous! I pray we don't lose power. I have 2 incubators and a hatcher full of eggs, one of which is holding my exhibition Malays. Thsee crazy weather swings are about to drive me nuts.

Last edited:
My farm was not so lucky.  I don't know how much damage on our side but the neighbor ad 5-7 silver maples that separated our property and they fell like dominoes out across the street (might have gotten our mailboxes too) took out the power and my new babies are probably freezing.  I don't know if we can even get to them they have the road closed last I heard.   We could have more trees down.  I live about 10 mins away and nothing really here but we are high and the farm is in a valley.

I hope it wasn't as bad as you feared.

My farm was not so lucky. I don't know how much damage on our side but the neighbor ad 5-7 silver maples that separated our property and they fell like dominoes out across the street (might have gotten our mailboxes too) took out the power and my new babies are probably freezing. I don't know if we can even get to them they have the road closed last I heard. We could have more trees down. I live about 10 mins away and nothing really here but we are high and the farm is in a valley.
Oh No Donna! I hope your electric is back on and all is well.

We're getting pummeled right now. Keep looking out the back window at the coops waiting for shingles to start flying. This wind is ridiculous! I pray we don't lose power. I have 2 incubators and a hatcher full of eggs, one of which is holding my exhibition Malays. Thsee crazy weather swings are about to drive me nuts.

Everything OK?

Back
Top Bottom