The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote: Public Works came by to clear some of the trees and as they removed on the big branches there was a line under it that sprung up and knocked down a live line. The came out in less than an hour and worked for a good while. The chicks did ok. I left them in the car with a window cracked to keep them warm. I kept checking on them and didn't seem stressed really. In totally I think I lost 8. It finally came back on about 4 I think. My hubby got the roof back on today. He was quite pleased with himself too... he didn't expect to get all the panels back on and he sure didn't expect to get the rotten wood repaired too.

Tomorrow we are getting feed but man am I getting super sore. We got a load of soilless mix for the garden and we had to unload that by shovel. Then the ladder time today and I watered all the birds today and helped hubby. I am doubtful that we will get 3700lbs of feed unloaded... and we still will need to feed all the pens out back and out front. I am tired just thinking about it.

On a bright note I can almost empty a pen out front and then I can move the rest of the juvies outside to make room for the babies that are soon to be coming. Spring has sprung at our farm a little early this year.

Glad they are doing well. Good luck with them.

Does anyone know if there's going to be a poultry show in Woodbury this year? Last year I didn't hear about it until the week after, I'd really like to go this year but no one here in Manchester has heard anything about it.
As far as I know, there isn't a Woodbury swap scheduled this spring. Emily always calls me a few months ahead of time to help get the word out and I haven't heard from her since last spring.

I am off work today, gotta work this weekend-and had all these gardening plans. The changing weather has my sinuses all inflamed and I woke up with the worst headache and it's so cold outside! Anyone experiencing the same around here? If so any tips? I'm taking Zyrtec but it only seems to take the edge of like a band aid. So frustrating.

Last edited:
I am off work today, gotta work this weekend-and had all these gardening plans. The changing weather has my sinuses all inflamed and I woke up with the worst headache Me too. and it's so cold outside! It sure is. I keep reminding myself that back home in Wisconsin it's a lot colder. Anyone experiencing the same around here? If so any tips? Allergy meds don't do much for me. Steamy hot showers and a little vicks helps my sinuses more. I'm taking Zyrtec but it only seems to take the edge of like a band aid. So frustrating.
Doing fun stuff helps too; messing with all the birds/trying to stay busy as much as possible, but the sinus thing sure puts a damper on everything-hard to breath; especially when bending over. Oh well, it will pass...

Ok thanks. I'm looking for a couple of silkies or frizzles (pullets) and I thought that might be a good place to find juvenile birds.
I have some LF Frizzle Olive Eggers of all ages growing out and more scheduled to hatch in the next few days. It's getting about time to start figuring out who'll be staying for future projects and who needs new homes if that's like what you're looking for.

I am off work today, gotta work this weekend-and had all these gardening plans. The changing weather has my sinuses all inflamed and I woke up with the worst headache and it's so cold outside! Anyone experiencing the same around here? If so any tips? I'm taking Zyrtec but it only seems to take the edge of like a band aid. So frustrating.

This is totally my field of expertise: I have major sinus/allergy issues and if you're into natural remedies I highly recommend you try this. Every morning during allergy season (which is basically 6-8 months out of the year for me) the first thing I do every morning is take a shot glass and add warm water, a little lemon juice, a spoonful of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and s big dollop of local (let me stress 'local') raw honey. IT TASTES BAD. But, it clears my sinuses better than any traditional remedy I've tried, including nasal sprays. Also, you can safely take 2 Zyrtec a day. I've been doing it for years: one at night, one in the morning. It really bumps up its power. Good luck!

I have some LF Frizzle Olive Eggers of all ages growing out and more scheduled to hatch in the next few days. It's getting about time to start figuring out who'll be staying for future projects and who needs new homes if that's like what you're looking for.

I would LOVE a frizzled olive Egger, or maybe 2:) I'm not particular about age, just as long as she's old enough to go live outside with the grown-up chickens. I bought some babies at TSC yesterday on a whim and they're staying in my spare bathroom so no more room in the people house for birds. PM me if you'd like, I'd be happy to come to you for a frizzle!!!

As someone that has had BAD allergies my whole life, shots have made the biggest improvement. I have been going to an ENT for about a year. Taking more meds does not help. Zertex is what I use (once a day) and nasal spray. (2 sprays each side). He told me to NEVER use those nettie pot things. I had surgery in Nov. So far so good.... I can breath for the first time in years. So far not been bothered by allergies this year. I have even added cats to the farm (VERY Allergic to them) and no ill effects since surgery, even brought one home for 10 days and nothing.

Just a side note... I now get brain freeze with every sip of a slushie... never happened before surgery.

I would LOVE a frizzled olive Egger, or maybe 2:) I'm not particular about age, just as long as she's old enough to go live outside with the grown-up chickens. I bought some babies at TSC yesterday on a whim and they're staying in my spare bathroom so no more room in the people house for birds. PM me if you'd like, I'd be happy to come to you for a frizzle!!!
I'll be going through them within the next couple weeks and will let you know what I have available. I'll pm you in a few, getting the girls some lunch atm.

Back
Top Bottom