The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hey guys. We're having the hardest time finding a feed mill around Columbia... it's crazy because I'm from WI and even our small town had a feed mill. Layer feed is around 10.00 for 50# up there where it's almost 13.00 plus tax here. .

I've had 3 Chihuahuas get into my yard on Saturday and bite my best chicken pretty badly. She my Ameraucana with the best type and the bluest eggs.

Antibiotics, ointments blukote and we get her doing good by today, eating and drinking and just as it starts to storm the booger gets out of her cage while I'm feeding her-the feisty thing, and immediately gets mated on my our rooster. She's got a terrible bite right by her vent, and she stood out in the rain after. She seems cleaner and as she's had 2 doses of antibiotics already, we just let her be after getting her back separated tonight.

We've got hen saddles coming in the mail now, I hope she makes it and isn't torn to badly, she seems spunky as ever.

I just had to vent. I feel like a terrible chicken Mom today.

Last edited:
I've had 3 Chihuahuas get into my yard on Saturday and bite my best chicken pretty badly. She my Ameraucana with the best type and the bluest eggs.

Antibiotics, ointments blukote and we get her doing good by today, eating and drinking and just as it starts to storm the booger gets out of her cage while I'm feeding her-the feisty thing, and immediately gets mated on my our rooster. She's got a terrible bite right by her vent, and she stood out in the rain after. She seems cleaner and as she's had 2 doses of antibiotics already, we just let her be after getting her back separated tonight.

We've got hen saddles coming in the mail now, I hope she makes it and isn't torn to badly, she seems spunky as ever.

I just had to vent. I feel like a terrible chicken Mom today.

Oh, no!!! :hugs

Hope she pulls through... not your fault, dogs have a leash and/or containment law... even the little yappers...

Hey guys. We're having the hardest time finding a feed mill around Columbia... it's crazy because I'm from WI and even our small town had a feed mill. Layer feed is around 10.00 for 50# up there where it's almost 13.00 plus tax here. .
There are feed mills here and there but not all over for sure. The only mill I know of with those kind of prices is Edwards Feed mill in Lebanon. But not going to be $10... maybe 11-12. They do discount if you buy a ton.

Johnnie Taylor in Ethridge sells non-GMO Layer for about $14 per 50#--He generally prefers to fill containers rather than bag. http://taylorfamilyfarmtn.com/index.html

Bring from Iowa, I feel your pain. I'm in Lewisburg and have been searching for over a year for non-GMO feed. I've finally found 2 options. 1 is the aforementioned Taylor Farms.
The second is a company out of Alabama, but I think they tend towards larger loads. The pricing did say it had 50# bags, but the drive is further for you too.
We're planning a trip to Taylor's soon to check everything out. We needed to get out feed station all ready first.

Back
Top Bottom