The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi, I am new to the thread and I live in Gallatin. I have a flock of 4 hens and a roo. I just bought 4 Buff Op chicks and am on day 3 of incubating 11 eggs, Buff Brahama, Speckled Sussex and Light Sussex. I have had chickens for a year and I am hooked. DH is building me a bigger coop, it is almost done!
wee.gif

Also if anyone is interested Windy Acres in Orlinda TN has organic layer mix and starter.

Hi, I am new to the thread and I live in Gallatin. I have a flock of 4 hens and a roo. I just bought 4 Buff Op chicks and am on day 3 of incubating 11 eggs, Buff Brahama, Speckled Sussex and Light Sussex. I have had chickens for a year and I am hooked. DH is building me a bigger coop, it is almost done!
wee.gif

Also if anyone is interested Windy Acres in Orlinda TN has organic layer mix and starter.

welcome-byc.gif
you need more chickens
lau.gif

Welcome aboard, tmfineg!
welcome-byc.gif

And good morning everyone! Just a bit nippy out there today. 16 here when I went out to feed the chickens. We have been so fortunate this year, though - - a late start to the winter will hopefully mean a shorter winter. . . unlike last year, when it was already down to 0 during the first week of December! Brrrrr!!!! That was way too cold for Tennessee.

CityGirl and HBuehler, I am GOAT SITTING this weekend. Oh yes, I happen to have a co-worker who has goats (so it begins), and Auntie is taking care of a 2-week-old bottle baby pygmy goat. Will post pics later today. Claire is a sweet baby, and she may not be going home! My Border Collie is so happy. . . *sigh*

Thanks for the well wishes. I miss my chicken buddies! Are we trying for another get-together any time soon?

Stay warm, everyone, and have a great Sunday!

I suspect one of my near-hens (they'll be 1 in April) is thinking seriously about going broody.
fl.gif

ETA: and I'd rather have this cold snap now than after the trees have leafed out and the asparagus is going. Remember that year?

Last edited:
WELCOME!
Where did you get the eggs?
I live In portland, So you are not that far.
Sumner co-op will be selling chicks this week.
wee.gif

Welcome aboard, tmfineg!
welcome-byc.gif

And good morning everyone! Just a bit nippy out there today. 16 here when I went out to feed the chickens. We have been so fortunate this year, though - - a late start to the winter will hopefully mean a shorter winter. . . unlike last year, when it was already down to 0 during the first week of December! Brrrrr!!!! That was way too cold for Tennessee.

CityGirl and HBuehler, I am GOAT SITTING this weekend. Oh yes, I happen to have a co-worker who has goats (so it begins), and Auntie is taking care of a 2-week-old bottle baby pygmy goat. Will post pics later today. Claire is a sweet baby, and she may not be going home! My Border Collie is so happy. . . *sigh*

Thanks for the well wishes. I miss my chicken buddies! Are we trying for another get-together any time soon?

Stay warm, everyone, and have a great Sunday!

lau.gif
Your neighbors will love it when a little goat moves in next...oh how you need to move.There isn't much cuter than a baby goat other than a baby bun and chicks that is.
We need to meet up and then you can go home with cookies! I'm even delivering them to Mt Juliet..
Hush about this wonderful weather..we just stood outside for 6 hours today now snow showers for tomorrow while I'm selling more cookies..where did that Bahamas weather go...oh it will return as soon as we are done I'm sure.

My new buns come tomorrow...can't wait.It looks like we got through this bun explosion with 24
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom