The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Man that's a bummer...😔
Guess you'll have to run these with another hatch 🤣🤷‍♀️🤣
Not a big deal. I had a plan for that inkbird thermostat so I was kind of looking forwards to wrapping up the UFO bator so it would be freed up.
But what I'm mostly whining about is d@mn I had a lot of manual egg turning already wrapped up in those 3 eggs.

Not a big deal. I had a plan for that inkbird thermostat so I was kind of looking forwards to wrapping up the UFO bator so it would be freed up.
But what I'm mostly whining about is d@mn I had a lot of manual egg turning already wrapped up in those 3 eggs.
Did your power ever come back on? Do you think any of them have a chance at hatching?

Did your power ever come back on? Do you think any of them have a chance at hatching?
Yeah they finally got it back on. It was off the first time for a little over 2 hours and then the second time almost 6 hours. So about 8 hours all together.
I have no idea. Hatching eggs is funny like that. Sometimes it seems like the slightest thing will ruin a whole batch but other times something drastic doesn't seem to phase them
I once had a mallard duck sitting on a nest. We got a big storm and it flooded part of the barn. I noticed she wasn't on her nest and when I checked it and all the eggs were completely underwater and cold. I moved them to higher ground and put her back on them. I'm sure they were underwater for at least four or five hours could have been a lot longer but she managed to hatch every one of them.
I need to check back and see when lockdown for these eggs were. I'm thinking I was getting pretty close so I might just run them and see.

Have you candled them? Don't give up!
No I haven't yet. Between the power out and surveying storm damage I was pretty busy and then came to work first thing this morning.
I'll try to at some point today. I had two grow out pens got pretty wet inside so not sure the damage and what I'm gonna have to do to get them straighten out.
Gotta feeling that's gonna eat up my free time tonight.

Sorry for your troubles. Hope the damage is minimal. Always something, right?
TS Ophelia came through here yesterday lots of wind and rain. Thankfully no real damage just lots of limbs to clean up.

Back
Top Bottom