THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

java girl 2

Songster
8 Years
May 17, 2011
NY
OK, This is to honor all the Mothers on MOTHER' DAY!
love.gif
This is for the MOM in your life, It can be for a Human Mom, An Animal Mom or a Bird Mom.
wink.png
So The Last Day to set Eggs Is April 28th
We Will Set Chicken Eggs Or Other Bird Breeds! If you want to set other kinds of eggs, that's fine with me!! So sign up TODAY and tell all your Friends too!! OH, and if you have any ideas for prizes for the contests let me know too !! If you need to set a few days early or a few days late, you can do that!!!! PLEASE NOTE, I have removed myself to win any contests because I have set up this hatch-a-long. OK! here are the contests for the Mother's day Hatch-A-Long!!

# 1. Cutest broody or funniest look on broody while sitting and glaring at you, she can have chicks with her. Prize is 6+ Serama eggs from crazypetlady! # 2. A 500 to 1000 word story about a mom and kid/kids, can be about birds or animals. Prize is 24 Java eggs your pick of color, to be shipped in the fall/spring. # 3.
The Chicks 'N Kids contest will be for pictures of chickens or chicks with children, since this is a Mother's Day Hatch!
  • Those who do not want to post pictures of their children on the internet or can't find a child to photograph can do pictures of chickens with another type of animal, such as a dog, cat, horse, etc. instead.
  • The prize is two children's books: a little children's book, Chick to Hen, and an old copy of the out-of-print Window Into An Egg which is also cool for kids, but more educational.
  • It will be during Week Three, so start looking through your pictures and get ready! (Limit of 3 pictures per participant)

this prize is from ChestnutRidge. # 4. rebelINny is doing a random prize drawing. At the end of the hatchalong everyone that joined but me has their name in a hat and have one of his five kids pick a name. Either jb coturnix eggs or california white eggs (if I dont behead the roo between now and then) # 5. The best hatch rate. 6+ MF d'uccle eggs from crazypetlady! # 6. The worst hatch rate. Prize is your pick of breed/breeds of 24 eggs to be shipped in the fall/spring. In order to determine the winner, you must post pics of the eggs in the incubator And pics of the chicks that YOU HATCH OUT! I wish I could do more contests and prizes, but crazypetlady, rebelINny and Chestnutridge are the only 3 to offered to do them and I can only do 2 of them right now. The # 1 is the 1st week, # 2 is the 2nd week and # 3 is the 3rd week that the contests run in! I AM Sorry that there won't be more of them, but please have fun with them!
OK EVERYONE!!! NOW THAT THE CHICKS ARE HATCHING OUT, IT'S TIME FOR THE CUTE CHICK PIC CONTEST !!! YOU MAY POST UP TO 3 PICS OF YOUR CHICKS. BUT THEY MUST BE FROM THIS HATCH-A-LONG!!! THE PRIZE IS 6 plus 1st generation Olive Eggers from mstricer !!!

mothrhen wolftracks mstricer arielle BBAcres Cynthia12 pharmchickrnmom MMB53 karimw crazypetlady rebelINny JulieNKC justus5 vickifiveoh mannamedL PollyC Coop de Grille 1hotmoma MrsMoonCat AmyLou1782 buffo1 spatulagirl jandrusrn emrys OregonBlues TexasLady Barefootmom coldupnorth The Chickeneer mrheinz77 BantamBabesFarm ChooksChick pele Hazelrah yinepu Bigfamily4me Larkyn waw CorinnP Mrs. Fluffy Puffy oldcluck Noncentzter what did I do zookeeper15133 Missymac mayberrygirl Flashpoint MIchickens BHep Wyandotte96 cjwaldon In His service Amarisus vmdanielsen laverne sliverfox0786 silkiemelon chickenmommy1 HEchicken stargazerlabs TheOutcast Icammack tinychicky blueberrychickens Remudamom Toxic Chicken 7&8 rebeccakeesee KeeperOfChicken bargain hokankai chicks4fun isis kvmommy DutchChic aaggjg rarelybored La Casa de pollo Tripp16

Last edited:
Just thought I would drop in and say hello! I can't set eggs for this one because I have my incubator full for the Cinco de Mayo turkey hatch.
Hope everyone has a great hatch!

Nope! Can't do it. I still have chicks from the Ground Hog Day hatch that I have to do something with.

Quote:
That is my problem, I hatch then don't know what to do with them, well I do, but, all I keep saying " I really need to sell these chicks. They grow up and then I just trade to Amish for produce. This time I'm not just talking....I doing.
clap.gif
Me and the BF are going to take vacation days, for the day of the local Auction, which for some odd reason is on Wednesday's. Our days off are Monday and Tuesday,
clap.gif
3 days off and hopefully making some money on d'Uccles and Call drakes that are out of control. So me doing all this means only one thing I CAN JOIN THE MOTHERS DAY HATCH.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom