The Never Ending Story Of The Buffingtons

Nice to see you posting again...I'm sorry to hear about your grandma passing.
I'm a grown mother of two little girls and I lost my last grandparent...my grandma in October of 2013...my little girls still cry a lot...we all miss her very much
It was a nice surprise to see you continue ur story.

Chapter 41: Chicken Coop Tour

You haven't seen the Buffingtons' house in a while, have you? let's have a tour! (Pictures taken last night)

So here's a view of the entire coop.

Since Chipmunk can fly, TTG put a wire roof over the pen. The Buffingtons approve of this because no hawks can get at them.

TTG, loving and caring towards the Buffingtons, put up a series of ramps, so during the 'April showers' they can walk on the ramp to get a break from the muddy ground.

And inside are their perches, feed dish (unfortunately not pictured), heater, and treat block respectively.

And here is the 'Duckingtons'' house.

And the Buffingtons are back! Yay! :jumpy That picture of all the broody silkies squished into one nest box is hilarious! :lol:

That's their favorite nesting box, they have four, but every single one of the Buffingtons only want to lay their eggs in that one :rolleyes:

Oh man, look at that palace! I love the little ramps above the mud- were that my chickens were so lucky!

Welcome back, as well! I haven't been active, either, due to other priorities in my life, so I'll catch up more in the life of the Buffingtons!

Chapter 42: Not Every Princess

Chipmunk woke up, and she felt like she needed a swift change- a distraction from reality- if only for a little while. She enlisted TLG to help her. TLG knew how Chipmunk was feeling, and decided to make something for her friend to help her out. But how could she do that? a roll of duck tape caught her eye, and she smiled.
Five minutes later, TLG had created a masterpiece. She picked Chipmunk up and began to wrap something around her.
"It's okay Chipmunk, just think of it like a crown. Every princess needs a crown." She crooned.
Chipmunk calmed, and gazed down upon her sisters with glee. They looked at her as if she had lice, or fleas, or some sort of other disturbing creature around her neck. And checked just to be sure. No, it wasn't a pest, it was a gorgeous bow made out of peace sign duck tape.

As she looked at her sisters, who gazed up at her with visible disdain. She couldn't help but be sorrowful. No matter how much she wanted her sisters to like her fancy decoration, they never would. Even though TLG was holding her close, Chipmunk had never felt so alone in her life.
And then Hershey pranced up, and looked at the fancy bow, her eyes glistening. She liked it.
Hershey got her own ribbon moments later, and she looked almost just like Chipmunk. Only her box was snow leopard print and had little kissy lips on it.

A moment later, TLG placed them down, and they promptly wriggled out of the bows. After they escaped the clutches of the decorations, they pecked at them eagerly. But TLG took them away. Then she smiled.

"Well, I guess not every princess needs a crown."
And the two 'princesses' scrabbled around in the mud, looking for bugs.

Last edited:
Uh, hi there. It's been a while, hasn't it. I sort of promised to be on here more, and then I just... Disappeared. Sorry for that. But I ran out of ideas. Let's admit it, pictures of chickens eating do occasionally get boring. So I'd like to know what you all would want chapters on. until then, here are some pictures!

Back
Top Bottom