The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I can't believe they and their cousins are already participating in so many activities! Swimming, soccer, tumbling, and t-ball! I don't know how they find extra time for grandparents.
Prepare to start attending their activities as they become more involved/proficient.

Prepare to start attending their activities as they become more involved/proficient.

Always seemed to me that the luckiest kids were the ones with parents and/or grandparents at their activities. I loved going to see whatever my boys were involved in but there were kids who never had family show up for anything. Sad for the kids and sad that the family missed out on things.

Always seemed to me that the luckiest kids were the ones with parents and/or grandparents at their activities. I loved going to see whatever my boys were involved in but there were kids who never had family show up for anything. Sad for the kids and sad that the family missed out on things.
In the transition year from cub scouts to boy scouts kids are part of a Webelos troop. The year my son reached this age there was no Webelos troop so I volunteered. (Ended up doing this for several years.) I worked with the kids to help them reach their achievement awards. It would break my heart when parents didn't bother to show up when these awards were presented. In addition many a time a kid would sleep on my living room couch until their drunk parent arrived - absolutely disheartening.

In the transition year from cub scouts to boy scouts kids are part of a Webelos troop. The year my son reached this age there was no Webelos troop so I volunteered. (Ended up doing this for several years.) I worked with the kids to help them reach their achievement awards. It would break my heart when parents didn't bother to show up when these awards were presented. In addition many a time a kid would sleep on my living room couch until their drunk parent arrived - absolutely disheartening.

As my grandma would say Sour, you earned a star in your crown for doing all that :hugs I bet those kids still remember your role in helping them grow up.

As my grandma would say Sour, you earned a star in your crown for doing all that :hugs I bet those kids still remember your role in helping them grow up.
These 'kids' are now in their mid 50's, and if/when I see any of them they make a point of interacting with me.

edited to add that I seriously doubt that I will be given a crown. :lau

Last edited:
These 'kids' are now in their mid 50's, and if/when I see any of them they make a point of interacting with me.

edited to add that I seriously doubt that I will be given a crown. :lau
 Your a good guy, Sour. I can't imagine that a crown would be comfortable anyway.

We had a nice day with the grandchildren. The youngest is 2 1/2, and is very lively, and very inquisitive. He is still at that cuddly stage too.
They are getting ready for bed now. We are hoping for sunshine tomorrow so that we can all play outdoors.
Good night y'all.

Back
Top Bottom