The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Woohoo! Cute!! I thought they were EE's. I don't know how anyone can tell baby chicks apart
1f606.png
Enjoy your new babies.

They look like pics of Welsummers and are supposed to be W's. but for all I know they could be EE's
lau.gif
The kid working at the store wasn't a lot of help - I was shocked they didn't have those cute chicken carry boxes and she had to empty a regular small box for me to use
idunno.gif
. With the turns on the way home they were sliding, so I kept my hand in the box and they rode home sitting in my hand. They are so cute and impossible to tell apart - at least today. But they are already demonstrating individual personalities.

We are having lessons today on don't eat poop and don't peck your own toes. At least they have all been drinking water, eating feed and pooping :) 2 sleep sitting down, but 2 try to sleep standing up or leaning on a buddy ( another chick, not my cat LOL).

I first had plain water ready. Made a batch with Sav-a-Chick - they turned their noses up at that, so will leave just water as long as they continue to look healthy.

Awww, Sunflour, they are so cute! So glad you got what you wanted.
Thanks - I did post the question of the W's and got raving revues. And I am certain they are all gals, but DH said if a roo, we'll keep him
hmm.png

Debby is right - they are such sweet babies. Not afraid of humans at all.

I do regret not getting a set up like Blooie's warming blanket - I have been going and adjusting the light height constantly - the chicks are happy, I'm just over mothering right now..
big_smile.png

@N F C - thank you for being my enabler
hugs.gif
. You know I almost chickened out - and now I am doing a happy dance that things worked out for me to be able to get these lovely ladies today.

They look like pics of Welsummers and are supposed to be W's. but for all I know they could be EE's :lau   The kid working at the store wasn't a lot of help - I was shocked they didn't have those cute chicken carry boxes and she had to empty a regular small box for me to use :idunno  .   With the turns on the way home they were sliding, so I kept my hand in the box and they rode home sitting in my hand.   They are so cute and impossible to tell apart - at least today.  But they are already demonstrating individual personalities.

We are having lessons today on don't eat poop and don't peck your own toes.  At least they have all been drinking water, eating feed and pooping :)  2 sleep sitting down, but 2 try to sleep standing up or leaning on a buddy ( another chick, not my cat LOL).

I first had plain water ready.   Made a batch with Sav-a-Chick -  they turned their noses up at that, so will leave just water as long as they continue to look healthy.

Thanks - I did post the question of the W's and got raving revues.   And I am certain they are all gals, but DH said if a roo, we'll keep him :/

Debby is right - they are such sweet babies.  Not afraid of humans at all.

I do regret not getting a set up like Blooie's warming blanket - I have been going and adjusting the light height constantly - the chicks are happy, I'm just over mothering right now..:D

@N F C
 - thank you for being my enabler:hugs .  You know I almost chickened out - and now I am doing a happy dance that things worked out for me to be able to get these lovely ladies today.

They do look different then mine. My chicks are lighter...I would love the welsummer but have never seen them here. My baby chicks are not in a super warm coop. My first batch of chicks I fretted over, 2nd not as much and this batch went right to the coop with a heat lamp and they are thriving. They have a 4x6 foot area to run in. Make sure to post lots of pictures. Mine are changing fast. I don't think they are all the same age. I think the 2 black sex links were new the day I got them and the others a week or less old.

They do look different then mine. My chicks are lighter...I would love the welsummer but have never seen them here. My baby chicks are not in a super warm coop. My first batch of chicks I fretted over, 2nd not as much and this batch went right to the coop with a heat lamp and they are thriving. They have a 4x6 foot area to run in. Make sure to post lots of pictures. Mine are changing fast. I don't think they are all the same age. I think the 2 black sex links were new the day I got them and the others a week or less old.

I think I'm fretting over these more than my first ones. They are in the garage. My biggest concern is getting my 2 elders to accept them when the time comes, but we're ready and willing to face that battle. DH has been telling Road Runner and Lillie that newbies are coming in a couple of months and that they had better be nice
smile.png
....or else.

Our coop is too small to let us brood out there, maybe someday we'll add a second coop? or add onto the existing one? But have ideas on how to integrate the newbies:)

Ok, will bore you with pics..
wink.png

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Diva they are some large temperature swings! Another beautiful 79F predicted for today and loving it!!

N F C Good to hear that things are going well.

Good Morning Sour

sunflour
Aaaaw, cuteness overload!

Well, a huge chunk of my day is going to be spent going to the Doc’s. While trips to the Doc’s do not usually take half a day; bus there, waiting time, bus back etc. I will not bore you with all the details, but I do not like this Doctors’ Clinic and one of the highlights of my visit today is going to be telling them that I am moving and to expect a letter from my new GP in FNQ requesting my records. Hopefully, being a coastal village, I might be able to find a GP who, while obviously needing to make $$’s is not blatantly obvious that that is ALL he or she is interested in.

I had to stomp my feet and carry on for a one line continued care letter to be faxed to the hospital “Many thanks for your continued care of Teila ….” apparently was not able to be faxed off without me going in for a visit at $80 for what would have been 5 minutes. Luckily I did win that one.

For this visit, they started sending me text messages on the 18th of April saying they had some hospital results and wanted to see me. Interestingly, I have been discharged from hospital with no further follow up and nothing since January. I did have a follow up blood test on the 23rd. Anyways, I rang them a couple of days ago to ask why they wanted to see me and she said it was in regards to results and I asked what results. “Oh, I can see you had a blood test on the 23rd, it will be for those results”. She had no response when I asked her how they knew that on the 18th and started sending me letters and text messages before I had even had the test for which an appointment was not necessary, walk in. Maybe that is why we pay $80, they knew what day I had picked to have the blood test before I did! LOL

Part of my reason for going is curiosity, I am intrigued to know what they got before the 18th that required my follow up. I do know that a couple of levels from the blood test were a bit off because my Heart Coach mentioned it when we spoke on Thursday during our regular catch up phone call.

Anyways, hopefully all is good and anything ‘out of whack’ can wait until I get to Forrest Beach .. no time to be sick!

I think I'm fretting over these more than my first ones.  They are in the garage.  My biggest concern is getting my 2 elders to accept them when the time comes, but we're ready and willing to face that battle.  DH has been telling Road Runner and Lillie that newbies are coming in a couple of months and that they had better be nice :) ....or else.

Our coop is too small to let us brood out there, maybe someday we'll add a second coop? or add onto the existing one?  But have ideas on how to integrate the newbies:)

Ok, will bore you with pics..;)  

The only reason I have extra room to put baby chicks out in is because the 1st coop we built wasn't big enough so they are in there. The second coop was much better thought out. All was made out of lumber and tin from a shed of my father n laws that went down in a storm. We put a small run between the two coops so they can run back and forth...especially good in the winter cuz the ground doesn't freeze to bad in the smaller coop and the girls can dust bathe yet. My husband said when I'm done with chickens he'll use the bigger coop to store 4 wheelers. I'm pretty sure that won't be for a while
1f606.png
I never had too many problems mixing the 2 flocks together. The worst was the roost...little girls thought they should be on the top...big girls kicked their butts.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Diva they are some large temperature swings! Another beautiful 79F predicted for today and loving it!!

N F C Good to hear that things are going well.

Good Morning Sour

sunflour
Aaaaw, cuteness overload!

Well, a huge chunk of my day is going to be spent going to the Doc’s. While trips to the Doc’s do not usually take half a day; bus there, waiting time, bus back etc. I will not bore you with all the details, but I do not like this Doctors’ Clinic and one of the highlights of my visit today is going to be telling them that I am moving and to expect a letter from my new GP in FNQ requesting my records. Hopefully, being a coastal village, I might be able to find a GP who, while obviously needing to make $$’s is not blatantly obvious that that is ALL he or she is interested in.

I had to stomp my feet and carry on for a one line continued care letter to be faxed to the hospital “Many thanks for your continued care of Teila ….” apparently was not able to be faxed off without me going in for a visit at $80 for what would have been 5 minutes. Luckily I did win that one.

For this visit, they started sending me text messages on the 18th of April saying they had some hospital results and wanted to see me. Interestingly, I have been discharged from hospital with no further follow up and nothing since January. I did have a follow up blood test on the 23rd. Anyways, I rang them a couple of days ago to ask why they wanted to see me and she said it was in regards to results and I asked what results. “Oh, I can see you had a blood test on the 23rd, it will be for those results”. She had no response when I asked her how they knew that on the 18th and started sending me letters and text messages before I had even had the test for which an appointment was not necessary, walk in. Maybe that is why we pay $80, they knew what day I had picked to have the blood test before I did! LOL

Part of my reason for going is curiosity, I am intrigued to know what they got before the 18th that required my follow up. I do know that a couple of levels from the blood test were a bit off because my Heart Coach mentioned it when we spoke on Thursday during our regular catch up phone call.

Anyways, hopefully all is good and anything ‘out of whack’ can wait until I get to Forrest Beach .. no time to be sick!

IMO if there was a major issue with your labs, they could have told you per tele....since you feel well, why not call them and have those labs faxed to your new primary care MD....or better yet, insist they mail you the lab reports? In the U.S. patient rights would allow you to insist on getting the reports directly - hope y'all have that law there as well.

The only reason I have extra room to put baby chicks out in is because the 1st coop we built wasn't big enough so they are in there. The second coop was much better thought out. All was made out of lumber and tin from a shed of my father n laws that went down in a storm. We put a small run between the two coops so they can run back and forth...especially good in the winter cuz the ground doesn't freeze to bad in the smaller coop and the girls can dust bathe yet. My husband said when I'm done with chickens he'll use the bigger coop to store 4 wheelers. I'm pretty sure that won't be for a while
1f606.png
I never had too many problems mixing the 2 flocks together. The worst was the roost...little girls thought they should be on the top...big girls kicked their butts.
I have considered adding a second coop and adjoin to the existing one by the "play yard" - but hate to waste the $$$ and really need for the newbies to join the elders.
We are planning to add a small temporary coop inside the covered run for the young ones during integration process and put up a temporary fencing. We already have a mobile coop we never had to use for Penny - but saw a smaller one at the store who sold us the chicks that may work out better for this purpose. Gonna check on the cost and measure it to see if it may be better than what we already have.

Our current coop has no possible future uses except for animals
roll.png

BTW - the gals can already tell food from poop - quick learners IMO
lau.gif

At one of the BIG hospitals I have blood tests, etc. done at, used to mail a copy of results to my home. Last time I went in they had totally changed their policy.

One male patient sued them because the results of his test came to his home and wife opened it. She quickly discovered he had a venereal disease. She filed for divorce immediately.

Since then NO results are mailed , you have to come in personal with sufficient ID and they will let you "look" at the results, I'm not sure if you can have a copy made there.

Hospitals and doctors are so worried about being sued none of mine would even hint at my big weight gain over the years or suggest dieting, etc. My gyn.retired but, he never made anyone get weighed in the office, or asked their weight.

At one of the BIG hospitals I have  blood tests, etc. done at,  used to mail a copy of results to my home.  Last time I went in  they had totally changed their policy.

One male patient sued them because the results of his test came to his home and wife opened it.  She quickly discovered he had a venereal  disease.  She filed for divorce immediately.

Since then NO results are mailed , you have to come in personal with sufficient ID and they will let you "look" at the results, I'm not sure if you can have a copy made there.

Hospitals and doctors are so  worried about being sued none of mine would even hint at my big weight gain over the years or suggest dieting, etc.   My gyn.retired but, he never made anyone get weighed in the office, or asked their weight. 
I like your doctors better than ours. Both my husband and I have been told we are obese by our doctors because we both are about 25 pounds overweight. I prefer the term plump.

My doctor just told me that I am the epitome of elderly manhood.
old.gif
Was that a compliment ? I called and told the Princess - she said, "We'll talk when you get home."
lau.gif

IMO if there was a major issue with your labs, they could have told you per tele....since you feel well, why not call them and have those labs faxed to your new primary care MD....or better yet, insist they mail you the lab reports?  In the U.S. patient rights would allow you to insist on getting the reports directly - hope y'all have that law there as well.

I have considered adding a second coop and adjoin to the existing one by the "play yard" - but hate to waste the $$$ and really need for the newbies to join the elders.
We are planning to add a small temporary coop inside the covered run for the young ones during integration process and put up a temporary fencing.  We already have a mobile coop we never had to use for Penny - but saw a smaller one at the store who sold us the chicks that may work out better for this purpose.  Gonna check on the cost and measure it to see if it may be better than what we already have.

Our current coop has no possible future uses except for animals :rolleyes: .

BTW - the gals can already tell food from poop - quick learners IMO :lau

I hope whatever you do works well for you. My chicks like to poop in their food so I'm picking that out every time i check on them. By the time I'm done with chickens hubby won't want to use it due to poop overload
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom