The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

maybe Teila is squirreling some leftovers for when the FIL cooks, lol.
Sounds like a good plan. And I see from a later post that she's already on that.

I'm always so envious of people who can paint. I can't even draw a good looking stick person.
Me too!

But since i ordered 25+ eggs i guess i will be building more....
Why am I NOT surprised??

I hate waiting around for someone to turn up, especially when there's no set time. I feel like I can't do anything.
Yep, locked in the house in case they call. Not doing the things you want/need to do.

Pans do not cost that much which makes me wonder why I do not replace old ones sooner
Because: If it ain't broke, don't replace it!

Slightly random question: anyone know what Idaho is like this time of year? Or not just Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, etc. Too.

My spring break is March 12-17th although I don't have classes Friday plus the weekends so really it's more like March 9-18th haha but that's just the official time school is closed.

But yeah.

I've always wanted to go out west.

Probably kind of last minute to book I suppose? And probably bad weather?

My parents are obsessed with Florida or a cruise but I just really don't want to do that. I feel like we always go to Florida. I would rather go somewhere new.

But if it's bad weather out west this time of year, I don't want to waste ky money and I guess some of the parks in Florida might be fun.

Or maybe there is another good spot to go?
WA is a very varied state. Volcanos, desert, mountains, rain forest, coasts. It's an amazing state. The desert area gets a lot of snow so it may not be the best place to go in March. West of the mountains you'll encounter lots of rain. Seattle is a great city. I highly recommend the underground tour.
ETA: North Bend is beautiful. That's where Twin Peaks was filmed. The Snoqualmie Falls are beautiful. I got married there (My 1st marriage). There's a town east of the mountains, whose name escapes me, where Northern Exposure was filmed. The Gorge is really nice too. Spokane isn't the nicest of towns but it's absolutely gorgeous in the surrounding areas. Northern Utah is right there too. Port Orchard is a quaint town. An Officer and a Gentleman was filmed there.

Last edited:
@KDOGG331 it's still winter here in WY so unless you like to ski, I'd go someplace else. May is a pretty time to come to WY but that will be after your spring break. May is also when a lot of the state and national parks open.

For your time of year, maybe check into the southwest part of the country. There's a lot to see and do in Arizona and New Mexico.

WA is a very varied state. Volcanos, desert, mountains, rain forest, coasts. It's an amazing state. The desert area gets a lot of snow so it may not be the best place to go in March. West of the mountains you'll encounter lots of rain. Seattle is a great city. I highly recommend the underground tour.
ETA: North Bend is beautiful. That's where Twin Peaks was filmed. The Snoqualmie Falls are beautiful. I got married there (My 1st marriage). There's a town east of the mountains, whose name escapes me, where Northern Exposure was filmed. The Gorge is really nice too. Spokane isn't the nicest of towns but it's absolutely gorgeous in the surrounding areas. Northern Utah is right there too. Port Orchard is a quaint town. An Officer and a Gentleman was filmed there.

Thanks so much for all the info! You sure know a lot about where stuff was filmed! Haha that's awesome though. I didn't realize Washington was so varied! I thought it was mostly wooded

I also didn't realize Utah was right there. I always forget how far north both Utah and Kentucky are. I always think of Kentucky as like way south haha

Yeah, they tend to be very long winded and confusingly word things here ha

So bob white need a permit?

I guess I was also just confused by the fact that in that list it says this

1. Blue or Button Quail (Coturnix chinensis)

But then in the second list it says this

Common coturnix (Coturnix coturnix or C. japonica).

It seems like those are 3 different species? And are button the same as coturnix?

I hadn't considered it but all this talk of quail and some research has me considering it! They seem pretty easy to raise and keep and I can't really get more chickens atm

Yeah I'm sure they do!
Button quail are smaller and more flighty than coturnix.

Thanks so much for all the info! You sure know a lot about where stuff was filmed! Haha that's awesome though. I didn't realize Washington was so varied! I thought it was mostly wooded

I also didn't realize Utah was right there. I always forget how far north both Utah and Kentucky are. I always think of Kentucky as like way south haha
I used to live in the Seattle area and did a lot of poking around.

@KDOGG331 it's still winter here in WY so unless you like to ski, I'd go someplace else. May is a pretty time to come to WY but that will be after your spring break. May is also when a lot of the state and national parks open.

For your time of year, maybe check into the southwest part of the country. There's a lot to see and do in Arizona and New Mexico.

I do like to ski but haven't in at least 5 years so I don't think I'd like to start again on the much steeper and more difficult Western mountains :gig

I actually (hopefully) graduate early May so maybe I could come after graduation sometime?

I hadn't even considered the southwestern states! Good idea! Thanks. :)

Also I've always wanted to dog sled but I don't think I want my first experience seeing the western part of the country to be spent freezing my butt off lol maybe another time after I see it once first. :)

I've always wanted to see DC too but that's also probably better in late spring.

I wonder what Monterey is like?

Good morning everyone

I was just thinking about @Blooie yesterday. Hugs & happy anniversary to You! (Today is my 15th)

@Teila I can't wait to hear how the angel food cake turns out! Sounds like the perfect day yesterday! I'm so glad that you got your you day.
Happy Anniversary! Our 40th is coming up.

Back
Top Bottom