The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I can't believe a Wyoming Woman just said that! We only have 3 months around here when it DOESN'T look like Christmas! :lau

Hey, remember me? Transplant from Florida? :gig

Beautiful shrimp plants Blooie, I can see why hummers would be attracted to them with the shape of the flowers. Hope you get yours planted soon.

That's just one plant, Debby, and a photo taken in very early spring. I kept that thing going year after year...until last year. It gets huge. Eventually by the end of summer it completely covers that entire lattice back on the planter, thick and lush. The flower bracts were about 6 inches long, some longer, some shorter, with all those little white flowers coming from them. No fragrance, but that's one of the things I like about it. In the late fall I just took cuttings, brought them in, stuck them into little pots of potting soil, and kept them over the winter. They root and grow fast, bloom early even when kept inside, and then I'd put them out for the summer again. (One year I just brought the entire planter inside, but that was before Kendra was born. Back then I didn't have to have my furniture arranged for her and have all of her stuff in here too.) This last winter, with all the traveling and being sick, I neglected the cuttings for this spring and they died. A person really has to try to kill them - they usually just keep going and going. But I managed. 9 years of growing and in a few months they were gone. <sigh> So I have to start over this year.

Yeah, I do forget the Florida transplant thing from time to time. I dunno what gets into me. :oops:

There are things about each one we like and things we don’t like and we’ve gone back and forth until we’re down to the wire and no further ahead than when we first opened the box. Kids were split so that’s a stalemate. So you bird brains get to help choose, with no hints from me. Ready, set, GO!
What!!!!! I'm too late!!! :hit

I was going to suggest you create a poll, guess no longer necessary.
I too like both for different reasons. But given the purpose of the photo I chose the one showing the regalia.

I knew which one you’d pick, Bruce, so I voted for you!
That is so nice of you :hugs especially since it was not the one you voted for.

Here is a picture of the storm system dumping on DMC and my friend just east of Green Bay. It is flowing north then splitting west and east. That seems like a pretty weird pattern. The whole thing is slowly sliding NE.
Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 3.24.49 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom