The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yep, I got lucky today! They'll be plenty long enough soon enough.

Have things gotten better with your work hours Michelle?
Nope. Only scheduled 23 hours for the month of May. My boss actually called me last night kinda sorta begging me not to leave. He said my hours will go up to 35/week come June.

Free ranging = bio-terrorism? Crazy!
View attachment 1366977

(I'm trying to catch up this morning so bear with me!)

I thought that was crazy too!

Love the pic btw :lau

I just used a piece of wire on the gate latch for the door that goes under the deck to get to the pool pump and filter. Ran it through the hole in the latch and twisted it to hold and made a loop on the inside. Free.

Too late now, they won't be big enough to do anything this summer. We more northern gardeners have to plan ahead or (like I do) buy some kinds of plants at the nursery. Peppers are one of them. Don't plant until after last frost though. Here that means Memorial Day. Could be a week or two earlier for you.

Free is always good! But, and this sounds stupid, I'm having somewhat of a hard time picturing how that as well as the ones you can purchase would work? Or how they keep it from locking?

And yeah, last year I planted them like February or even January and that was wayyy too soon. This year I planted them in April. I should have planted in March maybe.

This particular batch I planted the 14th. So they should have germinated by now. I think they drowned. :( I like these trays but the seed starter I bought sucks.

The tomatoes are doing well though, although not all of those germinated, but most did, and should be ready to go outside in time.

I also have some other stuff in another tray that I hope it's not too late for. :/ I will post pics when I find the pic I took of the list. I wrote everything down.

My dad thought that I shouldn't have even planted, he wanted to just exclusively buy started plants cause he thinks starting seeds is a pain in the rear. Personally I think it is fun and I love watching them come up and start growing and how small they start compared to how big they get.

But I might have to buy plants this year after all if my peppers don't come up soon. :/

I thought that was crazy too!

Love the pic btw :lau

Free is always good! But, and this sounds stupid, I'm having somewhat of a hard time picturing how that as well as the ones you can purchase would work? Or how they keep it from locking?

And yeah, last year I planted them like February or even January and that was wayyy too soon. This year I planted them in April. I should have planted in March maybe.

This particular batch I planted the 14th. So they should have germinated by now. I think they drowned. :( I like these trays but the seed starter I bought sucks.

The tomatoes are doing well though, although not all of those germinated, but most did, and should be ready to go outside in time.

I also have some other stuff in another tray that I hope it's not too late for. :/ I will post pics when I find the pic I took of the list. I wrote everything down.

My dad thought that I shouldn't have even planted, he wanted to just exclusively buy started plants cause he thinks starting seeds is a pain in the rear. Personally I think it is fun and I love watching them come up and start growing and how small they start compared to how big they get.

But I might have to buy plants this year after all if my peppers don't come up soon. :/
The cables allow the latch to close normally. When you want to leave you pull the cable or wire that opens the latch. If I go into the chicken run and do not latch the gate, the hens will escape. With a string, it will sometimes break and leave me trapped inside the run. The spring on the cable helps push the latch down.

The cables allow the latch to close normally. When you want to leave you pull the cable or wire that opens the latch. If I go into the chicken run and do not latch the gate, the hens will escape. With a string, it will sometimes break and leave me trapped inside the run. The spring on the cable helps push the latch down.

Ohhh so the string or cable goes on the inside?

Back
Top Bottom