The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

This is weird, just looked at it again, they weren't there, then just appeared. Maybe taking a long time to load?

Nope, still long, blank gaps. Weird!

Hello everyone. I had a rough night, the dog had an allergic reaction to her vaccine i gave her! Face puffed up, very restless. I gave her Benadryl, and iced her face, gave her ice to lick. She was improving, then puked. So i gave her more benadryl. I finally was able to sleep around 3 am. She is fine today.

Glad she's feeling better today Cap! Was this something new you gave her?

Want to see a photo (not my photo) of what was in my chicken coop today?

wyoming-ground-squirrel.jpg

UGH, one of the many, many ground squirrels in our area! :rant

I was inside looking out a window at the coop and it looked like something strange was going on. Turns out my 3 CCL were pecking away at the intruder (the other 2 birds were running around sort of like chickens without heads :gig). My girls were distracted by me coming in and that ratty thing got away. I found where he got in and plugged the hole up but the way these rodents burrow, even the coop's underground metal skirting isn't 100% effective.

This means war!
(Unless some soft hearted person wants to take a few dozens home to hug them and squeeze them and call them George.)

That's not a ground squirrel. It's a prairie dog! Unless, that's what the locals call them...then that's pretty funny. :gig
Chain link fence as an apron will keep'em out, if you bury it 4 feet down! :barnie

It's a ground squirrel alright:
managing-wyoming-ground-squirrels-6-505

Those darned ratty things are why we've had at least 2 badgers digging holes in our yard (as if the rodents didn't dig enough holes of their own).

It's a ground squirrel alright:
managing-wyoming-ground-squirrels-6-505

Those darned ratty things are why we've had at least 2 badgers digging holes in our yard (as if the rodents didn't dig enough holes of their own).
Ok, I learned something new! as it says, " often mistaken for prairie dogs....they look the same to me. :oops: Thanks for educating me, Debby!

X3. Glad she is better today! I didn't realize it was possible to give your own vaccines. I know some people vaccinate their own livestock but hadn't realized people did it for pets
I have been vaccinating kittens and pups since the 80s. We did all the pups and kittens that we sold through our pet stores. First reaction i ever saw.

Back
Top Bottom