The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

wow, silvers are gorgeous. what are you raising them for?
Because i love them! I sell birds and eggs, and plan to harvest some excess males for meat if it ever cools off here. My shirt is soaked in sweat again. I also want to develop a line of blue egg laying quail.

Just got back from the vet with 2 royally ticked off cats. It took me longer to hunt them down and stuff them in their carriers than it did for the vet to do her routine exam.

One more cat to go (in Dec.) and we're good for another year.

I can't believe those sweet little cats were terrors

Because i love them! I sell birds and eggs, and plan to harvest some excess males for meat if it ever cools off here. My shirt is soaked in sweat again. I also want to develop a line of blue egg laying quail.

Blue quail eggs would be cool! But then I think the normal colored ones are pretty anyway.

I can't believe those sweet little cats were terrors

Bam Bam was fairly simple to grab, he was asleep when I picked him up. Of course he did the 4 leg spread trying to stuff him in the carrier.

Pip hides, even under ordinary circumstances. Took shaking their Greenies bag to lure her out, then she fought going in the carrier too.

And of course there was the 12 mile car trip with them screeching a duet in the back.

Once the vet was done with them they couldn't wait to get back in their carriers and barely made a peep on the way home :rolleyes:

Bam's been avoiding me since. But Pip came and sat in my lap and we made up.

what kind of motor does it have? husband wants a honda motor, also a vertical, his logs are much larger than what your husband has there, he tried to pull some out of the creek bed yesterday by himself but had to go get the kubota and chain to pull out, he couldn't pick them up much less lift them up. we also have a tree man coming to cut down two more in the pasture close to the house, he will drop them and cut them them up but then husband will have to split and stack. always something to do :confused:
Not sure...thats my son in that picture:)Hubby says there isn’t much it can’t handle but I’ll ask w
:frow
problem is, we don't know which one is a good one and since they aren't cheap, we want to get it right the first time(cheapest one we could find was $1,000. which is okay IF it will hold out for his tree's, the borers went thru last year and killed all of our white ash, those tree's are the hardest tree's there are not to mention how much they weight, nothing he has will lift a 6' section, he has to cut the logs into 24" pieces to pick up with the kubota, i want him to find a splitter that has the honda motor since he knows how good the honda motors are, he doesn't want to stand there and pull and pull to start it, tend to wear him out and p--- him off and hes a really easy going man, can count on one hand how many times i've seen him angry(been together since 1967) so any suggestions?
Our’s was $1000.00
did i say that we had alot of white ash trees in the pasture, OLD white ash trees, enough wood to last us our lifetime when we were burning wood and coal in the winter, but now we won't use even a quarter of that since we go south in the winter now
Ash is the best to burn here. I don’t know the difference between white Ash and what we have...same thing maybe?
What do you mean "think"? They are BORN royal!

Hogging the blankets?

Are there features on the one with the Honda engine that aren't on the other ones? Could make it worth the price difference.

Hubby can lift more weight than I can for sure! doesn't even look like he is putting out effort to lift that thing! What splitter did he get?

Some splitters can be swung 90° for either vertical or horizontal splitting. When vertical, the round doesn't need to be moved/lifted any more than splitting with a maul. And ... if you maul split with the round directly on the ground, the ground absorbs some of the shock of the maul. Better to pick it up and put it on an even bigger round or, if you have one, a large tree stump cut at ground level.
Thats my son. He is young and strong. Hubby would have to grunt to get that up there. It says 25 ton Black Diamond. Got it at Runnings.
Just got back from the vet with 2 royally ticked off cats. It took me longer to hunt them down and stuff them in their carriers than it did for the vet to do her routine exam.

One more cat to go (in Dec.) and we're good for another year.
Ain’t it great:gig

Back
Top Bottom