The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Tired, grouchy, and both with a good case of food poisoning. YUCK!
I don't suppose they told Ken that was one of the benefits of taking on the job.

We’re supposed to hit the road again on Monday, coming back on Wednesday, but I just now told Ken I may stay home for these.
If you aren't 100%, good plan.

Picked up the little one from the boarding kennel.
Give her another month and she won't be standing for the ride home!

well bought husband a log splitter today, he decided to go with a briggs stratton motor since we couldn't find one with a honda motor. thought he would come home and play with it but he didn't and then a thunder storm came up and poured again so he just sat on the front porch and watched it rain
My husband, with torn ligaments and a hole in the cartilage split wood today! Idk what his thought process is.

Blooie, food poisoning is no fun at all... Thankfully I have a body that won't let it run it's course. Last time I got bad food, I didn't make it 3 miles until it was completely out of my system. DW was sick for days.

Been a rough day around here... 3 yr old GS had to go in for emergency surgery today to remove an infection next to his lymph node. He's playing now and seems much better but I'm still terrified. Looks like a wet/dry dressing in the wound. Still trying to get detail of what was removed, but being ever gentle not to set DW off. Been trying to stay busy and not think about it too much.
Hoping he has the best possible outcome.

Aww, I hate to hear that, RJ....hope he bounces back really fast and it gets better with nothing else needed.

We had a banquet at the Country Club in Wheatland Thursday evening. I commented to Ken and the others at our table that the beef had an off taste....it didn’t taste spoiled, just a little odd. But we all just chalked it up to the sauce the slices were in. Nope, no such luck. Every single person who ate the beef was sick within hours. Those who chose the chicken were okay, but there were only a few that had the chicken because it looked so overdone and dry. Ken is doing pretty well, but I’m still fighting it off. I guess the Master of Wheatland Lodge went down there and raised heck with them. The entire cost of the banquet was refunded, but if anyone gets sicker or ends up hospitalized for dehydration or anything, they aren’t off the hook yet. If I had been the one in charge of setting up that dinner, I’d have already been in contact with the health department reporting a food borne illness, but then I’m mean.

I sure missed you guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom