The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

My DH wants an island for exactly those reasons. People can be very annoying. I have to say I'm looking forward to neighbours being a lot further away when we move! And we have a really big residential property by current standards. They've been building terraced houses close by and they would be my worst nightmare. I'd go nuts living in one of those. Way too close to 'people'.
thats what we want too, i don't really like the way the world has changed

Ah, that’s the difference then. We very rarely, if ever, get gentle rains. We get willow limb snapping, pounding, hailstone hiding, can’t see across the yard hard torrents. It rains like it will be the only chance that rain will ever have to fall, so it has to drop the water all at once!

Um, we still do.

We still do that, too!

And that. :oops:
we live in a mobile home, but husband enclosed it in a foundation years ago and put a tin roof on, this was before tin roofs became poplar again, when his mother died we could have moved into the home place but i kinda like living in my trailer, easy to take care of and here in defuniak we live in a trailer altho i have to admit kinda scary when one of those bad storms come thru

Thank you! I’ll have to check out Cincinnati! Hadn’t thought of there. Might check Columbus or Cleveland too.

Oh and sorry for any confusion but I actually already went to school and graduated. I’m going to be 25 in March. I know the job thing could lead most to believe I was still in high school or something but it’s a bit of a complicated history. It’s a bit of a long story but I graduated high school in 2012 then I went to a college in PA that August (I went early because I was in this program thing for people who needed accomodations so I had to meet the other people in it) and I only stayed for a year and one semester. Not even, I dropped out like 2 weeks or less before finals the second year, in December. I was failing all my classes and I was originally planning on staying and finishing like two or at least one, had already dropped one class, and one of the professor’s was really nice and helping me get caught up but then they said there wasn't enough time to get caught up and hand in everything I was missing with only two weeks left so then we just dropped the other ones too. But I was like really depressed at the time, and was the first year too, and also that year they had changed from a trimester system where I only took like 3 classes at once to a semester system so I was taking like 4 or 5 at once, and like 3 of which were education, which all had like a million projects and busy work stuff all at once, so it was a lot. Not that any of that was an excuse, it was totally my fault, but I got all A’s the first semester. To the point where one professor asked my advisors/the program people if I cheated on a test cause I got the highest grade in the class but yet didn’t always do the hw. No I did not cheat, I was just pretty smart and paid attention in class. But anyway, I think it all just kind of combined that second year and became too much for me and I did less and less work until eventually I just stopped because that’s another bad habit, once I become too far behind then I just freeze, get anxious about being so far behind and think it’s too late to hand in old assignments so don’t and then am so behind trying to catch up that I fall even more behind and am never able to. So anyway, long story short, dropped out, labeled it as academic on the thing, which it was, but I was also extremely depressed and really probably should have talked to the school’s counselor and tried to get my shit together instead of failing and dropping out, but it happened so oh well I guess. Anyway, I then took almost a year off and went to a local community college the next fall (2014). But I think I only took like two classes and then one in the spring after and then after that I just took like almost a year and a half off and I think I started again in 2016, can’t remember if it was spring or fall, I think it was fall but idk. But that’s when I started taking it slightly more seriously and took no more time off even though I was still mostly only taking two classes, the few I started taking like 3 and the last one took 4, and finally graduated in May this past year, 2018, (so weird that it is the new year already). I probably would have graduated sooner if I had taken more classes but I didn’t want to take too many and be overwhelmed again and I am just glad I finally graduated. But it is still only an associate’s (2 year) degree. So I took like 6+ years in and out of school to only have a 2 year degree, that’s a little bit ridiculous and pathetic, but I do have a degree. I’ve been debating whether to go back and get a 4 year but I’m just so glad to be done with school. And then once I graduated, I started walking and training the dogs, though they only had one at the time and only got the second in September. I do that a lot but would like a “real” job too or to possibly at least get more dog walking clients, you make a lot of money doing that and it’s good exercise ha but idk. And I realize that I probably should have gotten a job in all that in between time during school but I also didn’t even get my license until April 2016, idk why I was so late getting it, I just was, so I really couldn’t. But now that I am finally done with school and somewhat settled, I am ready to get my shit together and move out, get a real job, etc. But I have also been in a bit of a funk ever since I graduated and just kind of sitting around not doing much, even around here, so I need to get out of that funk too. Tbh I think I never really got over the depression, it just took a different form, so I thought I was better, but I’m still in kind of a funk. I need to get out of it. But sorry for the entire life story. Point being, I do actually already have an education and I think moving would be good and might get me out of this funk I’ve been in the last few years. But I might also go back to school. Idk. I still am totally unsure but I am turning 25 in March so I am starting to feel the pressure. Like that I am getting really effing old and need to get my life together. Starting to panic and worry I am getting too old to find a boyfriend and have kids. Never even had a boyfriend or kissed anyone or anything either.

Aw that stinks

That’s why I could never ever live in a place with an HOA. Too many rules. But it’s hard now because even places with some acreage have HOAs! It’s like they’ve got farming HOAs

You sound like me at one time. But trust me,its just a short lull in your forward momentum. It's often good to slow down and regroup! You didn't say what kind of degree you have..
What is your field of education? I earned a 4 year degree in agriculture,but was not able to get any kind of job that payed a living.12 years later went back to school for a 2 year in animal health technology. Made pretty good money and got to work with critters. Then after a divorce from a man that left me broke and absolutely gutted I was drawn to the south to escape the cold of Ohio,and the lonely depression after 20 some years of dealing with a lazy,lying cheater like him. I loved Baton Rouge! Had more friends than you could shake a stick at,no real boyfriends b/c I wasn't about to make that mistake again! Lol! But the vet tech jobs were not there. Couldn't make much over 9 or 10 but is an hr. So ended up back into agriculture working as a horticulture tech doing interior landscaping. That's what brought me to GA where I met my sweet husband. I knew he was the one I wanted to grow old with. I was over 60 and he 66. So there's my life story.
You can't let 1 unsuccessful experiment define you girlie! Do more research and try a new approach. You're never really stuck in your own head- your just figuring it out. I can tell you are motivated and creative. Just give it time. Same with the bf thing. You're never too old to get it right,but you can screw it up by rushing into things.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom