The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It got started back in the late 1800's when the Plains tribes were forced into reservations. Short rations, little beef or veggies, so they made do with what they had the most of...flour.
It really became popular at pow-wows during the 60's and now days they have competitions to see who can make the best fry bread.
Wouldn't you love to be the judge in that contest @007Sean ? I sure would!

I do think you tend to enjoy things you had growing up > Except my son has never requested that I make him "Hamburger Helper anything." I loved it for many years and then they tampered with the sauce mix and I dumped them.
and here i thought i was the only one who liked hamburger helper:hugs

Mr.Sean you know you are a very good cook and can whip up a gourmet meal. I don't know but, when it's just for me I don't want to put out the energy or expense for something really good.

My lunch today was half a can of drained tuna & I dumped some canned corn on top. With Kerry Gold drizzled over it. Except I can't get the unsalted here. Sounds :sick but, no ice cream to be found in freezer, I eat it soon as I buy it, so it won't go bad.

Out of several things and no bus this week. Won't get out till Sunday. Boo Ugho!!

When I was looking after my father, he would ask what crap I was making for dinner.
Funny thing was he gobbled everything up. He once drove me nuts asking me to make the little brown things. It took quite a lot of prompting to get more info out of him.
Turned out the "little brown things," were brownies. I'd dump some ice cream on top and he was one happy pappy. He also preferred the perimeter dried edges- fine with me, I got the good stuff in the middle.

Last edited:
Sharron, I did love HH though. Probably have been eating it before you were born. My favorite was the original and I ate just that one forever until they pulled a fast one on me.
The sauce powder was always the same color. One day I noticed the color had changed. Sure enough it didn't taste right. I complained to Betty Crocker herself but she never responded.

I did end up liking the Stroganoff, Cheese burger(?), and I think Philadelphia cheese steak. But always used ground sirloin to keep the fat down. Can't handle spicy stuff even though everyone will say "that isn't spicy," but the stomach knows.

Back
Top Bottom