The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning all, another cold snowy Wyoming day for us.

DMC, I did get my errand to town done yesterday so at least the cats & I won't starve if we get snowed in. I just have to get to the PO today and that's only a 12 mile trip.

Yesterday I saw a big herd of antelope! Looks like they're moving back in for the spring/summer...that's the sign of spring we get!
:frow
Good morning, Chat Folk - it's a beautiful day in my neighborhood.
:frow

How could you give up a pup you raised?

Well, it would definitely be really difficult for sure!! But I also kind of think knowing that they are going off to go help somebody would be really cool. Idk. I mean, these people really need these dogs, moreso than me, and they are their lifeline, I guess is what I’d have to tell myself. But it would definitely be incredibly difficult. So I am still not sure if I could do it.

I have the same question!

DD1 has the week off from school, I thought it was awfully nice of the Canadian school to get give her this week off since DW doesn't have to work today. Shows just how self centered we Americans (the USA ones) are that I don't even know Canada had a holiday today as well. Apparently there are 4 today depending on where you are.
Louis Riel Day in Manitoba
Heritage Day in Nova Scotia
Family Day in Alberta, British Colombia, New Brunswick, Ontario & Saskatchewan
Islander Day in Prince Edward Island
All the rest of the provinces - TOO BAD FOR YOU, no holiday
There's only 1 other province and 3 territories.
Evidently there's another holiday being added in either June or October to honour First Nations and recognize the strife that they've been through. The big issue going on right now is the Residential Schools. Up until the late 60s kids were being ripped from their homes, put in these schools/ orphanages and forced to completely forget about their heritage.

Back
Top Bottom