The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

:lol: I did wonder too! I thought maybe it was an American term.

I refer to my baby cockatiels as Ugly Fugglies, though they are looking less Fuggly now. The younger one looks like it's older for sure today. It has more pin feathers! Their wing feathers are just starting to open up so they'll start looking more like birds soon.

This is the older one
View attachment 1708828

And this is the younger one
View attachment 1708829

I do have some caravan photos but they are on my phone so I'll have to post them from there. The chickens transported very well and most seemed to enjoy the trip. They were thrilled with their new run which is 3 times as big as their old one.

Jae, your little ones are actually starting to look like birds now :D

They actually couldn't wait to get out of their cramped cage and start exploring. They were thrilled to find a cow pat! I was surprised at how happy they seemed. Hopefully they won't miss us too much until we get there. Their coop is the same so that should help them feel at home.

View attachment 1708844

Here's our caravan - there's the kitchen leading to the sofas which turn into our bed (still have to figure that bit out). We have a TV to install which also plays DVDs so the kids will appreciate that on a wet day. My tiny fridge is to the right of the little gas oven (furthest away). I've got a good amount of bench space compared to some caravans though. Unfortunately the microwave won't work without mains power (we just have a solar panel) but we'll survive. And there's a gas heater to keep us cozy over winter. (Excuse the post rammer on the floor and the water tanks that are still to be put in place).
View attachment 1708845
View attachment 1708846

Opposite the kitchen is the bathroom which is a decent size considering. At the other end are the bunk beds and dining area. (Excuse the bin of chicken food and jars of oyster shell and seed treats).
View attachment 1708847 View attachment 1708848
The longer seat turns into another bed.

And here's the view out to the ocean:
View attachment 1708843
It's lovely but always windy. I'll try and get a better photo with our big camera next time but I won't be able to download it soon.

What a beautiful open area your caravan is in, love that last photo with the view out to the ocean. Looks like you have quite a bit of storage in your new temporary 'house'. Nice to hear the flock approved their new living quarters :)

Morning Sean!

I've never had bream but I have had sword fish so if bream is better than that, it sounds delicious. Happy fishing Sharron :)
Nice flaky white meat fish, doesn't have the same texture as sword fish but I like'em.

Sounds very good! Don't think we have them around here though.

Actually, we don't have sword fish either :gig
Growning up on the farm, we had a 25 acre lake. Dad had Georgia giants stocked, they don't reproduce but they got up to 2lbs. They were fabulous for catching and eating.

Good morning Sharron, Tina, Bob and everyone!

Morning everyone! :frow

Sun's just starting to wake up!

Morning sharron, hope you catch a bunch of bream, love bream almost as much as sword fish.

Morning Bob, C-N-F, Debby! :frow

Everyone make it a great day! :celebrate
:frow

Back
Top Bottom