The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hmmmm, how interested would you be in coming up with the Grand Master’s Formal plated banquet on Sunday night, the ladies’ luncheon on Monday, the men’s luncheon on Monday, and the Master Mason’s buffet banquets on Monday night. 150 people for GM Banquet on Sunday night, 100 for the men’s luncheon, 110 for the ladies’ luncheon, and 260 for the Monday night buffet? Oh, and two breakfast buffets....one for the GL officers (40 people) and one the next morning for the Grand Secretaries breakfast. Note: there will be 11 vegetarians for every meal, and we’ll need 6 kid’s meals (Kendra, Senator Enzi’s grandkids, Regis’ 3 kids). Prolly not, huh?

My honest response would be
smiley scarey.gif

P.S. Asking a bbq place to do vegetarian? :lau:gig:lol::lau

My honest response would be View attachment 1762980

P.S. Asking a bbq place to do vegetarian? :lau:gig:lol::lau

Sure! I seened it on the barbecue episode of Chopped......the lady cooked sliced portobello mushrooms and sliced cauliflower on the grill in the appetizer round, and she didn’t even get Chopped. ;) She done got Chopped the next round, though. She overlooked the fish and it looked pretty bad. :sick

Oh, man! That makes me sad. I guess they all fall at sometime or another, but it's still sad when it happens.

Okay, parameters strongly set by Jenny...and Katie's attorneys. Katie got her first debit card in the mail today. Yep, 13 years old and she got a...well, I dunno if it should be called a debit card or a pre-paid Visa card. As of the first of last month, Katie will never have to worry about a thing, if she's smart and careful. There is a dollar limit on that card per month. It is to be used for anything she needs and can be loaded with more if she needs it - clothes, education, school supplies, medical co-pays, or whatever other incidentals it takes to raise her. Unused funds for that month do not roll over, but are added back into her account. In addition to that major expenses (like her upcoming trip to Europe with the band during her junior year of high school) are paid for. Her orthodontics are paid for. Her college education is paid for. Katie's future is almost secure.

We've known since she was 2 years old that Katie has Valproate Acid Syndrome. It's the reason she has no little cleft between her lip and her nose, why the bridge of her nose is so flat, why her hips are asymmetrical and one rib is missing, and why she is Autistic. When Katie was about 4, her physical therapist (remember our Cindi, who also took care of Kendra?) mentioned to Jenny that there was a class action lawsuit against the manufacturers of Depakote. They knew that major birth defects were likely with Depakote, but didn't make that fact public until forced to do it. I don't recall the year. Anyway, as I said Bug was only 2 when she was officially diagnosed with VAS due to the Depakote that Jenny took for her epilepsy. At that time Depakote was only "suspected" of causing birth defects. But since it was the only medication that controlled Jenny's seizures, her doctors believed that based on the literature from the drug company, the risks to the unborn baby were far less than the risks of Jenny's violent Grand Mal seizures. After the facts were confirmed and made public, there was that class action lawsuit, and Katie's case was submitted for revue. A few months ago the plaintiffs - that includes Katie - prevailed and the courts appointed facilitators and administrators to determine that amount that each plaintiff would be awarded based on their level of disability and how many they would be awarding. Katie's case was finalized, the kids finished up the paperwork, and the money is now put into her fund. It can't be touched by anyone other than Katie, via Kenny and Jenny, and it can't be used for anything except Katie directly - no home repairs, no disabled-accessible vehicle, no groceries....but other than that if Katie needs it, it's covered, and it isn't limited to medical needs.

The irony is that Spina Bifida is the most studied, verified birth defect caused by Valproate (or Valproic, depending on the literature) Acid and Kendra has both the autism and the SB. But she didn't qualify for the lawsuit because by the time she was conceived, the generic for Depakote was available and that's what Jenny was on at the time. The lawsuit specifies the name brand, not the generic. So, frankly, the one who really needs the funds for expensive needs couldn't even be named in the lawsuit. The other limit was that by the time Kendra came along, the risks of Depakote were well published and it was contraindicated for women who might become pregnant. Well, it took the kids 11 years to have Katie, so they really didn't think another baby was in the cards, especially as more years went by without another one. Surprise! The issue with SB is that the neural tube defect happens before a woman even knows she's pregnant, within the first two weeks or so, so even if they'd taken Jenny off the drug once her pregnancy was verified, the damage had already been done.

So while I can't disclose the actual amount of the settlement, the administrators, or any of the deeper details of the suit, what I have told you is what Jenny has been cleared to disclose, and I checked with her to be sure before posting this. This has been in the works for so many years that none of us want to do anything to jeopardize it in any way, so I had never even mentioned the possibility before. I am so relieved that at least one of the girls will be able to have some financial stability and security as she grows and becomes an adult!
:celebrate that is absolutely fantastic!
I'm so happy for Katie(Kenny & Jenny too)!

Holy moly! You're lucky to not have a scratched cornea or worse! The bird is probably telling stories about being attacked by a floating orb that tried to knock her out and eat her head! :lau

Hubs got seriously pecked in the eyeball by his favorite pullet. She was on his shoulder and just looked him right in the eye and tried to eat it! His lens got scratched pretty good. Lesson learned!:hmm
My dog scratched my ex husband's cornea on 2 separate occasions.

When we rubbed her tummy her front paws would start moving (like she was swimming) and he got too close one time.

The next time we were in a friend's hot tub. She put her paws up on the ledge at exactly the same time that he turned his head.

Back
Top Bottom