The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

That is quite true. We went to a restaurant near DD1's school in Sept. There were a lot of people who looked like they need to eat less. And given the size of the portions of food served, I can see why that would be true if they ate there often.

That's perfect! Free entertainment.

Similar in Hawaii I think. The temp (at least on Oahu) is relatively constant and there is usually a breeze.

Ah, that's different! That is cooking and incidental house heating :D In our prior house we were pretty OCD about turning the heat off on April 15 and not turning it back on until Oct 15. There were times when we made things in the oven since that helped add a bit of heat to the house.

:thumbsup That is the way to do it. Figure out your loss tolerance and go home if you hit it.

Depends on what you want to do with them. No need to soak if you are making soup.
Bruce, you are correct, almost every where in Hawaii, including all 7 islands, they don't use AC. The hotels, etc do though. Average temp is 78- 80°, year round. The ocean breeze is usually enough to keep temps down. Go up onto the higher elevations and it can get down right cold! :D

Good morning DMC & everyone!

DMC, it won't surprise me a bit if you're still there in a couple of years to make that move to the elementary school. You're one of those rare people that can be counted on!

But life isn't like that with a resolution to each of our stories. So I thought it was a fine book, but certainly different than a lot of his.

It's a little known fact that there is always a pot of coffee hidden in the back of the room along with the birthday decorations. Help yourself any time you want Roomy :)

Looks like you got your lentil question answered. I've made lentil soup in the past, but that was a long time ago. I used to just rinse the lentils (picking out anything that didn't belong there as Sharron said) and then cook them. Tell us how your soup turned out!
Good morning Debby! :frow

Back
Top Bottom