The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I think this whole situation is creeping everyone out. Add the full moon right now and you can literally feel tension in the air.

My daughter and the kids are home, just got back this morning. Grammy has to lay down the law today, Gramps is kind of fed up with that situation.

It's good to have clear cut rules. And no one needs more stress right now. :hugs

Good morning folks :frow

Ouch! I have some kind of invasive wild rose that grows here. It doesn't flower, just puts up vine like shoots full of thorns.
I used to call the big one a river thistle. It is actually called California Thistle

1586186308875.png

The other one is more of a tangle thistle and It stick to you and makes a lot of little cuts.

I think it is a dodder and apparently it has been strangling tomato plants here. Tomatoes are the number one ag crop in Yolo county too!

Agriculture - Weeds, Dodder (Cuscuta pentagona) aka. Angel?s Hair, Devil?s Gut, Love Vine, Strangle Gut, Tangle Gut, Witch?s Hair, Witch?s Shoelaces; infestation on tomato plants / California, USA.

I used to call the big one a river thistle. It is actually called California Thistle

View attachment 2077550

The other one is more of a tangle thistle and It stick to you and makes a lot of little cuts.

I think it is a dodder and apparently it has been strangling tomato plants here. Tomatoes are the number one ag crop in Yolo county too!

Agriculture - Weeds, Dodder (Cuscuta pentagona) aka. Angel?s Hair, Devil?s Gut, Love Vine, Strangle Gut, Tangle Gut, Witch?s Hair, Witch?s Shoelaces; infestation on tomato plants / California, USA.

That's a nasty looking weed!

I gotta say, I don't even want to go out; It's almost surreal. I feel like I'm in a bad movie, something you'd see on SyFy about zombies. The loud speakers are reminding everyone to wear masks and keep their distance; the sound of the voice echoes back and it's just really creepy.
It would be nice if more of our Leaders in the Country realized how bad this is. Here in California there may need to be some police action to stop churches from holding Easter service...I would hope the congregants would get a clue even if the leaders do not have one

I have a weed very similar to that. It grows quite tall, and they're a beast to pull. My yard is covered with them every year. :barnie
It can be brutal in the Spring! Luckily if I do not water, they all die since we get almost no rain in the summer-- less than half an inch over 5 months

Back
Top Bottom