The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Too bad weather isn't shareable, that would come in handy sometimes!

Sorry to hear of your loss too Ron. Here's hoping things cool down before long!
One more day at 108F and then we drop to closer to 100F. The lows will be back into the 60s for next week

G'morning world. Happy Tuesday. A bit of good news...I saw the chicks standing in the wet dirt near their block of ice so they know it will cool them. Yay for smart birdies! Make it a great day all.

How many degrees would you like Jae? We can spare 30 minimum.

Oh no, I'm sorry too Ron. :hugs 2020 can just move on now, I'm over it. Are you guys anywhere near that huge fire? I hope not, stay safe!

Thanks Bob, this has been a rough year all around it seems.

Hi Sharron and thank you. I looked up those peppers out of curiosity, hot hot hot from what I read. Do you guys like spicy? Neat looking things for sure.

Thanks Debby. Yes, a busy week but it'll go quickly. Hubs is home this week so we get to hang out after work, that's the best part!
There is a fire that is close-- from the dry lightning in the Bay area. We had smoke but Dixon had Ash

Good morning Sharron! Nice you'll have some help with the canning.
yes, he helped squeeze the tomatoes for me, then i ran him off debby, when i can, i move, since he has no idea what to do, he gets in my way but since i can't squeeze with my hand , i use a rubber glove to keep my finger dry but that hand is useless right now

yes, he helped squeeze the tomatoes for me, then i ran him off debby, when i can, i move, since he has no idea what to do, he gets in my way but since i can't squeeze with my hand , i use a rubber glove to keep my finger dry but that hand is useless right now

That tomato juice would burn with a cut! Glad he was able to help out.

Good morning all! :frow I hope everyone has a good day!!!

Looks like 102 for us today and then we start to cool down to the 90's this week and the 80's next week. For my animals sake's I hope we do! I can come into AC and they can't, I feel so bad for them, but I try to keep them as cool as possible.

I was going to do some canning yesterday, but I wound up not feeling good most of the day! So today I hope to get some tomatoes canned. I'm a lazy tomato canner, I don't make sauces, I just quarter or half my tomatoes, depending on their size, then I make sauce with them when I need it! I'm afraid my last batch of bush beans got away from me...we should have stayed home and canned them, but we needed to get away! My pole beans are not doing very well, the plants look healthy, but not many beans, I'm hoping that they will start to produce and I we can get a few more jars canned before the weather turns!

My son works for an orchardist and we will be getting Organic apples and Asian pears to dry when they start harvest! His boss is a good family friend and he doesn't charge us anything for them! All 3 of my kids grew up working in the orchards (summer pruning, grafting & my youngest ones favorite job...bird control during cherry season) and farmers fields (pulling weeds) here in the area! It's so good for kids to know what it takes to earn money and to realize that someone has to work for it, it doesn't just grow on tree's! Our friend that has the orchard has a kids crew every year, to give any that are interested the opportunity to work and learn! I'm a strong believer that everyone should experience manual labor, but sadly not everyone desires to or has the opportunity!

Back
Top Bottom