The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh yeah, for the last couple weeks there’s been no TP or cleaning supplies available and stores are limiting quantities again. Our governor asked everyone to mask in public but didn’t mandate anything. Teeter totter
It seems like covid cases are exploding in your part of the Country. Stay safe!

It seems like covid cases are exploding in your part of the Country. Stay safe!
Yeah it’s important to party and let people come here from the rest of the country because they don’t like the snow and cold. The full time residents who do the right thing can eat cake :rant

Yeah it’s important to party and let people come here from the rest of the country because they don’t like the snow and cold. The full time residents who do the right thing can eat cake :rant
A Fraternity in Davis is under suspension and quarantine for having a party of over 20 here.

We are limited to 10 people at gatherings and then it has to be outside

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. One of our cats mysteriously hurt her hip. She was limping about and we had to take her to the vet. We warned them she would likely have to be sedated when we made the appointment (she's our white, deaf kitty who was raised by a human and is very feisty). The vet decided to try and examine her anyway and quickly concluded that sedation was the best course. She went full feral on him and if he hadn't had such a good grip on her she would have shredded him. Thankfully she's much better now after a week of pain killers.

My cockatiels all want to breed and have been laying eggs everywhere in the aviary. I want to be able to separate specific pairs (so that I am not overrun with babies and also so I get the colours I want) but DH is still working on a smaller aviary for me to do that. Meanwhile they keep breaking each others eggs. So I have saved a few and they are in my incubator. One is about 8 days away from hatching (they take 18-21 days to hatch), 2 are about 5 days into incubation and one was just put in yesterday. So we'll see what happens but my days could get very busy!

And we finally have our little Wiltshire lambs:
View attachment 2417273
They have been named Fei Fei, Lambkins, and Clara (all girls). They are already shedding (they are a 'hair' sheep) and DS has been collecting the tufts of wool to use as snow.

Trouble is almost as big as his mother now and he is friendlier than I expected. They free range around the house as our large cockerel is at the dorky, pain in the butt stage, so I didn't want to leave her over there with that to deal with! The bigger ducks have learnt to steer clear of the crazy chicken mama. 🤣
View attachment 2417280

Hope everyone is staying healthy.
Hi Jae! :frow You do have a lot going on and if you hatch those cockatiels you will be hand feeding, fun though! I'm glad your kitty is doing better! My cat was the total opposite when we took him to the vet...at home he would swat anyone he didn't know and some that he did...lol...at the vet he was the perfect boy...go figure!
Love your lambs and their names...so cute!
He has grown...he'll be passing mama up soon!
Stay safe! 💞

What sweet little lambs! Trouble is the duckling raised by a chicken? Really love that pic Jae :love

Yes, and it's funny when he jumps in the water for a splash. His mother makes a most indignant sound. Thankfully the pond is too far away or shed lose him.

For how long remains to be seen if I do hatch those cockatiels. I do wonder what on earth I was thinking as it will be hourly feeds to begin with.

Hi Jae! :frow You do have a lot going on and if you hatch those cockatiels you will be hand feeding, fun though! I'm glad your kitty is doing better! My cat was the total opposite when we took him to the vet...at home he would swat anyone he didn't know and some that he did...lol...at the vet he was the perfect boy...go figure!
Love your lambs and their names...so cute!
He has grown...he'll be passing mama up soon!
Stay safe! 💞

Cats are so funny. Our girl was a very sick kitten and had cat flu as a tiny kitten which she had a relapse of awhile ago. She was good for the vet that time, but I think the pain factor meant she was out for blood this time around. She was so happy on whatever they sedated her with though. 🤣

A Fraternity in Davis is under suspension and quarantine for having a party of over 20 here.

We are limited to 10 people at gatherings and then it has to be outside
I guess our governor is going to try testing people coming here. That seems like a waste of resources. Pumping some bucks into the hospitals too I guess. Don’t want the money makers to loose out on their bonuses or anything :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom