The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good day all
We're up to 40*, weird (but in a good way)!
It made it up to about 40°F yesterday, it was 0°F when I got up at 7:30 this morning. I'm sure it was colder when DW left for work. All of 10°F now, wind still blowing.

He has discovered that therapists don't like being called sadists.
That must be why they say "This is going to hurt me more than it is going to hurt you" ;)

Recipe please:D

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day

X2

Jae, I love them but have never found a recipe for them.

https://tiffinandteaofficial.com/milk-buns/#wprm-recipe-container-11769

This is the one I used. I had to look on other versions to find out what state the butter needed to be in as it doesn't say, but it needs to be melted (which is what I'd assumed but I wanted to be sure). Other recipes skip the tangzhoug stage (but it's so easy I don't see the reason to), or use powdered milk (not helpful when you have liquid milk to use up). So I stuck with the first recipe I'd found.

My DD got up this morning and asked if there were any yummy buns left, or had I eaten them all. 🤣 Good thing I had another batch in the oven. :oops:

I'm going to try them in a square tin next time as covering them for their second rise is too tricky on a flat baking sheet as they want to stick to whatever you cover them with. I also tried just egg yolk with a splash of milk for the egg wash and I think they are more shiny than when I used the whole egg.

Hi everyone :frow

Hi IM, hope you had a good day at work!

Hi you all ! :frow No pain No gain !:wee

Hi Mark, nice to see you:frow

This is the one I used. I had to look on other versions to find out what state the butter needed to be in as it doesn't say, but it needs to be melted (which is what I'd assumed but I wanted to be sure). Other recipes skip the tangzhoug stage (but it's so easy I don't see the reason to), or use powdered milk (not helpful when you have liquid milk to use up). So I stuck with the first recipe I'd found.

My DD got up this morning and asked if there were any yummy buns left, or had I eaten them all. 🤣 Good thing I had another batch in the oven. :oops:

I'm going to try them in a square tin next time as covering them for their second rise is too tricky on a flat baking sheet as they want to stick to whatever you cover them with. I also tried just egg yolk with a splash of milk for the egg wash and I think they are more shiny than when I used the whole egg.

Share a picture with us when the rolls are done Jae!

Ron I never did find that starter I got off you. I used it to make English muffins and lost after that . Never know I might run across it in the future !🍀:frow
@swampfox440 Breadtopia has a very good method for making one from scratch:

English muffins are so good!

Thanks Jae!

Back
Top Bottom