The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Take a look Michelle, maybe it will be a good thing. Renovations tho can drive you nuts and break the piggy bank. :idunno
Oh I wouldn't do any additions and minor if any renovations. I already know that it needs painting. A few hundred bucks won't break the bank.
The foundation construction and moving it may.
Lucky for us the real estate agent that we spoke to has already found a potential buyer for our house in the city and we haven't even listed it yet!

View attachment 1322153 :lau

Yeah, I was really surprised myself .. NOT!

I was contemplating having a sickie [which I know I can not do because my work ethic does not allow it] but "sore knee" is probably not a good excuse when you sit in front of a computer all day ;)
Hey, knees can stiffen up something awful when you sit all day!

Yeah, but if you go live on a Sunday you should test in Production after release to ensure nothing is broken; not leave it up to the users to advise you of obvious issues related to what you released.
If they are that obvious they should have never made it into the release. And yeah, what is wrong with running the test cases after install? OBVIOUSLY!!!! (he says having written code for years) they don't have a test system that is identical to the production systems. NOTHING should pop up on the normal users doing their usual work. Either that or they aren't running "this is what the users do" test cases, only testing what they added/enhanced. Either way, I'm glad I'm not at your desk or your users' desks.

Had cake tonight with my brothers and their girlfriends (well, the one is fiancee now) and they brought the dog, why I don't know.
You expect them to leave their baby home when visiting relatives?

Too much "bringing her everywhere," can make her anxiety prone when she is home alone.

We didn't take any of the dogs with us when going out, unless it was a dog show or vet visit.

Good point. I never thought of that. I will have to tell them. And remember that myself.

Cause my next dog I'm planning to take lots of places. Not necessarily shopping trips I guess (because I won't leave it in the car and won't fake a service dog) but maybe like pet stores or the park or hiking or if I did a dog sport. But I love dog training so I think I will also put a lot of work into teaching how to settle and calm behaviors and crate training/settling in the crate, maybe with a chew toy, and practice leaving them home too, to prevent any possible anxiety.

Hey, knees can stiffen up something awful when you sit all day!

If they are that obvious they should have never made it into the release. And yeah, what is wrong with running the test cases after install? OBVIOUSLY!!!! (he says having written code for years) they don't have a test system that is identical to the production systems. NOTHING should pop up on the normal users doing their usual work. Either that or they aren't running "this is what the users do" test cases, only testing what they added/enhanced. Either way, I'm glad I'm not at your desk or your users' desks.

You expect them to leave their baby home when visiting relatives?

Human? Nah. Dog, maybe lol but I loved seeing her so it's okay. I think they might also be trying to get the dogs together a lot so they get used to each other and get along. My mom came up with that idea and it's a good point.

Back
Top Bottom