The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I had planned on Rabbits for here, but in TN they have to be USDA inspected or sold as pet food. You would be amazed at the number of folks buying pet food who don't have pets. Same with raw milk if you don't have a milk share.

The laws vary so much from state to state. In Florida we could sell live rabbits, the customers had to butcher them. We couldn't buy raw milk. And a lot of canned things could be sold, but nothing with tomatoes in it.

I haven't really checked on the laws here in WY since we're just keeping a small flock of chickens for ourselves. One thing I have read is that you have to have special permission to raise quail.

The laws vary so much from state to state. In Florida we could sell live rabbits, the customers had to butcher them. We couldn't buy raw milk. And a lot of canned things could be sold, but nothing with tomatoes in it.

I haven't really checked on the laws here in WY since we're just keeping a small flock of chickens for ourselves. One thing I have read is that you have to have special permission to raise quail.
Quail are another can o worms here. I process and sell meat birds under exemption, but quail, even courtnix qualify under the DNR and even the lawyers can't determine what that means, other than it subjects me to unwanted inspections.

My sister just got me some raw milk yesterday because she can get it delivered to her home, whereas we are a bit too far away from the farm, though when life is normal DH can go past the farm on his way back up here and get it for us. It tastes so good after supermarket milk (and my stomach is very thankful to have the good stuff back). Can't wait to milk our cows and not have to pay $4 a litre (just over 2 pints) though.

38.2F but, brutal wind really chills to the bone. I just went out to add something to the garbage bin (today is pick up day). Arthritis in my family too = my fathers hands/joints were all deformed. The rest of us just very stiff at times but manageable. Plus our family has strong genes for sinus problems. I stock pile kleenex like people do with TP. I like to say my son is from an outcross breeding so luckily he doesn't get sinus problems or arthritis.:fl

Just me here so TP lasts a long time. Tomorrow the dispatcher sez we get to go to Dollar Tree, and other ladies will be on the bus. Last time I rode the bus, I was the only one apart from the driver. He gave me one of the approved face masks.

Tried to check the date on the milk in the fridge and accidentally tipped over a 2 lt. bottle of Coke. It knocked the cartoon of eggs to the floor and all were smashed except for 2. A "Passover Miracle for sure," I can have egg salad for lunch. After that - there is nothing. Fridge is empty except for an almost empty ketchup bottle and the Coke. Freezer has a half empty bag of Ore Ida shredded hash browns. That's for supper today.

Tomorrow the dispatcher said I could go to Dollar Tree, hope to walk over to Arbys for a sandwich but not their potatoes. Brother and I got them Sunday. He was fine but my potatoes didn't look fried long enough. Made me ill. It's closer to walk across the street to CHick Fil A but, it's JUST a chicken sandwich and too costly. Plus I hate breaded chicken. I don't see what the big draw is for them.

My first day out of pj's. Guess I'll wear my skinny jeans - I'm getting skinny enough to need a smaller size, and a nice shirt I bought to support Native Americans. Nobody will notice it though under a jacket. I really like it, around the bottom is has a print of a running herd of horses. Actually that's why I bought it.

Sorry to go on and on but, no one to talk to. My sister threatened to call me every Friday - which means about an hour and 45 minutes of listening. When she gets off my brother calls to tell me the same stuff he tells me every day - all the ghost stories he watches on TV.

None of this is as much fun as when I walked 10 miles round trip to the bank to get my debit card activated( and got serious blisters on toes), so I could pretend I had spending money. Okay done venting.

Your top sounds lovely - I would've bought one too by your description.

Happy Birthday!

giphy.gif

:gig No it wasn't :highfive:

Do you like to eat rabbit? I've never had anything but what hubs hunted and didn't care for it.
My Mom raised meat rabbits when I was a baby so one of the first things I ate was rabbie. Later we would hunt jack rabbits and make rabbit stew.

Yes, I like rabbit

Back
Top Bottom