The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You've been busy! I wish I had some taco meat but I'll probably cook some beef tips instead.

Do you serve the beef tips over noodles or rice?

DH loves having taco meat on hand. When he can get away for lunch, he can always grab something quick like a salad or taco with the prepared meat and then get back to work.

Do you serve the beef tips over noodles or rice?

DH loves having taco meat on hand. When he can get away for lunch, he can always grab something quick like a salad or taco with the prepared meat and then get back to work.
We use cauliflower rice.
Taco meat is my go to but not Jim's. He prefers beef tips and pork.

Is anyone doing anything special for Easter? Company or special dinner?

We'll just have a ham dinner for the two of us and I got DH a chocolate & coconut egg. 🐰
We don't really have plans. I sent custom easter baskets to the youngest (under 6) grandchildren.
Here are a couple of them. These went to Arkansas to our great grands, Alex & Alice.
The 3yo got really excited because the easter bunny wears the same size shoes he does. He "borrowed" them. 🤣
20240310_182436.jpg

We don't really have plans. I sent custom easter baskets to the youngest (under 6) grandchildren.
Here are a couple of them. These went to Arkansas to our great grands, Alex & Alice.
The 3yo got really excited because the easter bunny wears the same size shoes he does. He "borrowed" them. 🤣
View attachment 3785368

That's so cute, the bunny wears the same size shoes ❤️

Hi DMC, nice that you have more time off! I hope it's not because of the weather.
Nope, spring break. Last year they took it away from us because of all the snow days.
Good morning everyone 😊

Good morning DMC 🙂

Good morning Kelsey 🙂

Good morning Janie 🙂

Good morning Debby 🙂

Yep

Good morning IM 🙂
Hi Sue.
Is anyone doing anything special for Easter? Company or special dinner?

We'll just have a ham dinner for the two of us and I got DH a chocolate & coconut egg. 🐰
My nephew is coming. Usually his brother comes too, but he has a new baby and they are going to his wife’s family. I get it, but it will be weird without them here. Son’s fiancé is going to her parents. He is not. They were just there last weekend. Other son and his girlfriend will be here.

Nope, spring break. Last year they took it away from us because of all the snow days.

Hi Sue.

My nephew is coming. Usually his brother comes too, but he has a new baby and they are going to his wife’s family. I get it, but it will be weird without them here. Son’s fiancé is going to her parents. He is not. They were just there last weekend. Other son and his girlfriend will be here.

Hope you've enjoyed your spring break and had some time to relax DMC!

It's nice you'll have some family with your for Easter. Are you baking anything special?

Hi, I got busy doing stuff and didn't get back here for a while. A camping question for you...if you use a tent and sleeping bag the next time, won't there be a bigger chance of a snake encounter? You're probably used to checking for things I suppose.

Laundry is done, fridge cleaned out, a double batch of taco meat cooked, dishwasher emptied, blah blah blah. That's what I've been doing today :) I also watched a one-hour show about the Son of Sam, what a scary nut job. Thankfully, he is locked up for good. It was strange when the film footage included the Twin Towers standing tall.
Not necessarily. I wouldn’t need to get in/out of my car and it’s unlikely to get in the tent or go under it. I would go when it’s cooler though, they are most active in 70-80 degrees so now is prime time for encounters.

Last edited:
Hope you've enjoyed your spring break and had some time to relax DMC!

It's nice you'll have some family with your for Easter. Are you baking anything special?
I just cleaned one of my spare bedrooms out. I have a bunch of wedding stuff in there and the mess was driving me nuts. I have a new mattress set coming in a couple weeks so I needed to make space.
I’m making a lemon pie and maybe some cutout cookies. There’s only going to be 6 of us. If I have leftovers I eat it. I’m trying to learn how to make less.

I just cleaned one of my spare bedrooms out. I have a bunch of wedding stuff in there and the mess was driving me nuts. I have a new mattress set coming in a couple weeks so I needed to make space.
I’m making a lemon pie and maybe some cutout cookies. There’s only going to be 6 of us. If I have leftovers I eat it. I’m trying to learn how to make less.

I've forgotten, when is the wedding?

Yum, lemon pie! That sounds delicious!

Back
Top Bottom