The Old Folks Home

I don't have a incubator. But I'm willing to bet I'll have a broody sooner or later.
I have lots of incubators. They are not on. However, my young polish hen is broody. Every time I look, she is on the nest. Of course, I am trying to get rid of all of my chickens. They will multiply regardless.

I don't like big winds. You never know when a tree will fall down.
That's why we cut ours in the front yard all down. Those 7 trees were old aspens and big branches had fallen a couple of times. We have guy wires for our tower they were getting close to plus so close to the house, so they had to go. We planted a birch, weeping willow, and a few other trees last year in their place.

We took and old hickory and 2 oaks out when we moved in that could have fallen on our roof. All the other shade trees from the North West need to be replaced as they are to close to our roof also. Need to get rid of all the oaks that are full of mistletoe. They are slowly dying from the parasite. I don't know what to replace them with that will grow fast enough to give us some shade in the heat of the day in the summers.

Good morning Old Folks. I've got cheeping going on in the incubator this morning.
Just a little update. Over half have hatched. Tomorrow is day 21.
MarHtch8_0107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom