The Old Folks Home

So it was weigh in day... I gained last time so was Heck bent to count and keep my food diary up to date.

I got in a cleaning mode on the garage.... I let my OCD FREEE and went to work.

There has been a stack of tubs down the center of the garage. MY stuff mostly. A combination of cleaning out my tack room at a boarding stable and packing up my own stuff here for moving to the house later. I have to tell you its A LOT of stuff...

Top it off with the occasional toss of a paper coffee cup over the pile out of sight and out of mind... I was getting antsy over it all.

So I let my OCD FREE on it... Assembled four sets of free standing shelves and had at it. By the time I was done in... I had repacked nearly empty tubs into tubs that contained similar material and moved them to their new storage locations along the mostly unused walls of the garage... Ahem in the process collecting oh say fifty or so Coffee cups that mysteriously appeared as I moved the tubs... (wonder where those came from )

Then i found all deans camping gear and neatly tucked it on top and in spaces the tubs didn't fill. The tub with my harness appeared... Woo Hoo Now it was time to put all the big tubs on the bottom... Remember OCD. I got six of those big tubs placed... Yay... The pile in the middle of the garage with from about six feet high to about four...

Remember I work from a rolling walker... one of those handy grippers to reach stuff on the ground and nothing lifted above the seat of my walker. I have two brand new furniture dolleys purchased just for this job and a folding table for sorting... When I was done this afternoon I had ONe large tub and six small tubs empty and ready to put stuff in that should have made it into a tub...

And the parting shot was when I found a bunch of little debris, dirt, seeds, petrified frenchfries.... You know common garage dirt items... I took great delight in sweeping it up and with a giant push of the broom hurling it toward my sons car.... (who happened to be playing a game with a friend on the internet at the time) which sent me into a giggling fit with every fling.

By now I had gone all day with out food... and, with the exception of my four shots of espresso over ice, no water either. When I got in I was tired.... Took a shower and a couple of Alieve and got ready for my WEigh in at Weight Watchers

So what did I do... I dropped in to my espresso place and bought ANOTHER four shots of coffee over ice.... I love the taste but only took a sip or two... Its still in the car.

Weigh in was AWESOME. I lost 4.4 pounds which puts me into the 5% loss category and got me a charm for my WW charm key chain. 5% is some where around 18 pounds the website has crashed because the news about Oprah buying 10 percent of weight watchers I am sure has a bunch of people looking at the site. So when it comes back up I will know how much I weigh...

It doesn't matter. I realize some of it is just the workout I did today and it will be back up to morrow. Dont care I feel good.

deb

Okkkkk, I have a crazy story!!!!! So, earlier I went to Walmart to get some stuff for Halloween. I noticed this lady was staring at me on the same aisle I was on. No biggie. I moved to the next aisle and here she comes again...STARING! So now I'm like, "WTH", but finish up my shopping and head to the check out line. Of course this same lady was ahead of me...starts staring again. Awkward. So I start playing with my phone so I don't have to look at her. Finally she says "I want to apologize for staring at you, but you look just like my daughter who just passed away." I felt really bad after that and gave her my condolences. She says "thank you...but I have a favor to ask. I understand if you don't want to. Can you give me a hug and say 'bye mama' to me?" Inside I was like "wth", but me being the softie that I am, I went ahead and did it. She smiles, thanks me, and leaves. The cashier rings up my stuff and the total comes out to $100.87. I knew something wasn't right, because after my coupons it should have been like $40.00 or so. The girl tells me that my total was included with my mom's. I'm like, "What?!!!" she said, "Your mom said you were paying for her last few items along with your things. I told her that the woman was most definitely NOT my mom. She said, well I saw you hug her and heard you call her mama. I flew out of the store looking for this witch, ready to beat her Up! I see her loading up her car! She saw me and jumped in her car, I got to her as she was putting her leg in, and I started pulling her leg......
JUST LIKE I'M PULLING YOURS!!!! L0L

Okkkkk, I have a crazy story!!!!! So, earlier I went to Walmart to get some stuff for Halloween. I noticed this lady was staring at me on the same aisle I was on. No biggie. I moved to the next aisle and here she comes again...STARING! So now I'm like, "WTH", but finish up my shopping and head to the check out line. Of course this same lady was ahead of me...starts staring again. Awkward. So I start playing with my phone so I don't have to look at her. Finally she says "I want to apologize for staring at you, but you look just like my daughter who just passed away." I felt really bad after that and gave her my condolences. She says "thank you...but I have a favor to ask. I understand if you don't want to. Can you give me a hug and say 'bye mama' to me?" Inside I was like "wth", but me being the softie that I am, I went ahead and did it. She smiles, thanks me, and leaves. The cashier rings up my stuff and the total comes out to $100.87. I knew something wasn't right, because after my coupons it should have been like $40.00 or so. The girl tells me that my total was included with my mom's. I'm like, "What?!!!" she said, "Your mom said you were paying for her last few items along with your things. I told her that the woman was most definitely NOT my mom. She said, well I saw you hug her and heard you call her mama. I flew out of the store looking for this witch, ready to beat her Up! I see her loading up her car! She saw me and jumped in her car, I got to her as she was putting her leg in, and I started pulling her leg......

Yikes!

Quite an Urban legend prank that on was!

lau.gif

Thanks Chickadoodle!

Building it was very meditative and I learned a lot about myself in doing so. For intance, I tend to overthink things out before execution, like it took weeks before I actually cut a board because I had to think about the progression of the coop in my head to completion. I could hardly be called spontaneous. More like methodical. It wasn't quite visualization, but I knew where I wanted to go with it. Then it was a lot of math. And I discovered -- besides having a healthy fear of ladders -- that when I get tired I just don't care. It took a long time to build because I was also coordinating landscaping and home decorating PLUS my part-time job that would whisk me away at inopportune times AND the distraction of having a passel of chicks in the house.

I think I can safely predict that is the last coop I'll build, so it's a good thing I love it!
Same here. I've been working (read that as procrastinating) automating my chicken water. In my defense, it's not that easy to provide auto water that won't freeze to 8 housing units on a shoestring budget.
But, I'm not beyond building more coops.

Very nice job though. It's beautiful and looks extremely sturdy.

So I let my OCD FREE on it... Assembled four sets of free standing shelves and had at it. By the time I was done in... I had repacked nearly empty tubs into tubs that contained similar material and moved them to their new storage locations along the mostly unused walls of the garage... Ahem in the process collecting oh say fifty or so Coffee cups that mysteriously appeared as I moved the tubs... (wonder where those came from )

Then i found all deans camping gear and neatly tucked it on top and in spaces the tubs didn't fill. The tub with my harness appeared... Woo Hoo Now it was time to put all the big tubs on the bottom... Remember OCD. I got six of those big tubs placed... Yay... The pile in the middle of the garage with from about six feet high to about four...

Remember I work from a rolling walker... one of those handy grippers to reach stuff on the ground and nothing lifted above the seat of my walker. I have two brand new furniture dolleys purchased just for this job and a folding table for sorting... When I was done this afternoon I had ONe large tub and six small tubs empty and ready to put stuff in that should have made it into a tub...

Weigh in was AWESOME. I lost 4.4 pounds which puts me into the 5% loss category and got me a charm for my WW charm key chain. 5% is some where around 18 pounds the website has crashed because the news about Oprah buying 10 percent of weight watchers I am sure has a bunch of people looking at the site. So when it comes back up I will know how much I weigh...

It doesn't matter. I realize some of it is just the workout I did today and it will be back up to morrow. Dont care I feel good.

deb
Nice job on the clean up and weigh in. I know I couldn't get that all done from a walker.

Okkkkk,.... Can you give me a hug and say 'bye mama' to me?" ...pulling her leg......
I was sure I heard that one before but the hug and bye thing still brought a tear to my eye.

Hey, deb! Great on the cleaning. Job well done! Wanna let your OCD run free at my house? It's probably good for another 5 lbs.! I've got such inertia right now... My living room still looks like a warehouse with all the cardboard boxes I haven't gotten around to unpacking AND we've got company coming in from out of state for Thanksgiving. I think I'll be dropping off the radar for a bit as one of the guest rooms needs a thorough cleaning as it was the brooder room. Ugh. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all. I don't know that 4 shots of espresso will build any enthusiasm. For some reason I've been putting off assembling furniture and bookcases. (Again, I think I've been overthinking stuff and creating more projects... I know, "Just do it!" )

Loved the bit on the petrified french fries. What'll you do with all the coffee mugs?

Congrats on the great weigh in!

gig.gif
Hook Line and Sinker......

Back
Top Bottom