The Old Folks Home

Wild turkeys or heritage turkeys are goof balls.... Mr and Mrs T were my two...
I love those names!! It'd be like the guineas, I wanted two. I think I have 18 and I'd have more the originals hadn't been taken. I'l start with a pair of turkeys...and end up with 100 pets! runcirclsmiley2.gif
Turkeys are so wonderful. :love And ours were just meat birds.

I'm sure they'd likely taste much better! Gee, you'd never know we used to slaughter 60 chickens every year. :rolleyes:
There is a place in Sacramento that processes chickens. You drop them off live and then pick them up a couple of hours later. There is a base cost for a minimum number of chickens---I think 15--- but you you get bagged up chickens that way

came back from my Doctors appointment needed to refill my pain med thought I was entering fort Knox it was awful like I was some gutter junkie he was really trying to get me to go to aleve ? tylenol? what take 8 at a time
Welcome to the fall out from the war on Opioids!

There is a place in Sacramento that processes chickens. You drop them off live and then pick them up a couple of hours later. There is a base cost for a minimum number of chickens---I think 15--- but you you get bagged up chickens that way
It's funny that you should mention that. The boy got asked to help a classmate round up their meat chickens to trailer them to the processing place. I think it'd be about an hour to an hour and a half from here. He came home feeling bad with the way they had to grab them by their legs and put them in the trailer. He's seen me carry these like that sometimes...but those aren't pets and they had a number to do so it was done quickly. He wants nothing to do with having meat chickens. He thought they'd be handling them nicer. laughing.gif

He brought one previously packaged chicken home as payment. It's done very nicely! I could do that too. But I'd still feel bad. laughing.gif When these roosters mostly die off...then I'll be down to realistic numbers again.

Welcome to the fall out from the war on Opioids!

that is so very true now even those of us that do not abuse or get other meds from other Dr.s... or on the street I could just see it now me with my cane and dark glasses my BF beside me so I don't trip

@Alaskan Has Muscovies... I wonder how he handles their "husbandry" schmoo wise....

schmoo? as in poo?

I clip their wings (well, the boys do it ), since flying Moskovies means they get eaten.

They get a tiny pot to drink out of in the winter. Otherwise they make a giant ice sheet if they can bathe...then freeze their feet onto the ice sheet... and yeah, that is bad.

schmoo? as in poo?

I clip their wings (well, the boys do it ), since flying Moskovies means they get eaten.

They get a tiny pot to drink out of in the winter. Otherwise they make a giant ice sheet if they can bathe...then freeze their feet onto the ice sheet... and yeah, that is bad.
A duck statue! :eek:

It's funny that you should mention that. The boy got asked to help a classmate round up their meat chickens to trailer them to the processing place. I think it'd be about an hour to an hour and a half from here. He came home feeling bad with the way they had to grab them by their legs and put them in the trailer. He's seen me carry these like that sometimes...but those aren't pets and they had a number to do so it was done quickly. He wants nothing to do with having meat chickens. He thought they'd be handling them nicer. View attachment 1188507

He brought one previously packaged chicken home as payment. It's done very nicely! I could do that too. But I'd still feel bad. View attachment 1188507 When these roosters mostly die off...then I'll be down to realistic numbers again.
I processed 5 this Fall. Three on one weekend and two on another. They were not very big but do taste very good.

I need to cook another one soon

Back
Top Bottom