The Old Folks Home

I've never had goat but I'm tempted to eat Amos once I get him back (exchanged for Pippy and once Caramel has a baby). I don't need his loud, whiny neutered butt. I'd love to keep Pippy but that's not in the plans.

Do you butcher them yourself or take them somewhere? Have you done AI before?

I grew up with sheep. I can butcher a goat and have it in the fridge in 40 mins. Punching of the skin is very easy.

I buy 7 month old local goats for about $22. I make them NPO overnight and put a knife to it at 6am.

I have not done AI on a goat but have done a few on humans. Intrauterine Insemination. I would do a weekend course first.

ok folks my goat is Charolott a Nigerian dwarf milking machine,for her size it is amazing how much milk she gives. I hoping to acquire another doe and a buck. We'll see. I keep getting into the advertising here on the right. How do I get it to go away?? It's chore time.

I don't know what to tell you about the ads, you could ignore them, or buy a Gold Feather Membership that will let you turn them off.........

You don't have to be retired to be part of the OFH. Welcome!
I'm behind posts, but saw this and had to say, I think us old.....er.....folks, can teach those younger folks a thing or two..about life. Those youngins, that are only in their 50's, need to learn a thing or two...don't ya think? Ha, I just saw that there is a 33 year old in here now...Welcome, and hope you all have fun. Any questions? I am pretty sure I am not the only one that has lived life a bit hard, so ask away. lol...

I don't have a goat but I do have a Dave, does this count?
What is that..ummm, I mean who is that? I think..Dave is a who.
big_smile.png

Cleaning the coop was actually enjoyable today with this extremely nice weather we are having! Loved being outside in it for a while, then the house chores call me back in...

I don't think any bird under a year old would be considered old. Cooking method possibly? Slow cooker for several hours and it should fall off the bone. Maybe breed of bird? Grind and make chicken sandwich spread be creative.Looking forward to another fall like day thank the man for the cool air yesterday. I'm noticing the wild critters starting to get ready for the coming season my neighbor was telling me her swallows have left already I'm having a senior moment and can't think of their name the ones allot of folks put up the apartment houses for. Purple Martins!! I knew it would come to me. I'll be here alot of mornings at this time, have to get my morning routine out of the way so I can get on with my day.

Back
Top Bottom