The Old Folks Home

I am going to do it - I am going to order some glass gallon jars - so I can buy some raw milk. I could use plastic milk jugs, but it is so hard to get them clean.

I remember the raw milk we had when I was a kid and am looking forward to having the cream - to use on hot cereal and so many other things. May have to learn to make other goodies like cottage cheese and ???

Yummy! I've started looking into fresh also!! I can get it for my chickens.
wink.png

Quote: I have two boys and , well, they like to point such things out. Maybe I should have been more of a prude and nixxed such topics when they were younger!! Because YES, it is embarassing when "it" is pointed out!
I have three boys and I know exactly what you two mean. It is embarassing when guests see them running around, not caring who sees them "letting it all hang out." They kick up a ruckus and chase the chickens, especially in the spring. The spend a lot of time in the creek, splashing and being loud, then dibble in the mud until they are covered in nastiness, and make me look like I don't take care of them at all. Now, granted, they don't do it as much in the winter and we do live may back in the woods, so no one much can see, but still.

Wait, are we talking about children or ducks? Because I only have two ducks and I don't know if they are boys or girls......

Last edited:
Hey! That is not a silly question at all. I usually will run a small bowl of warm water with a few drops of baby shampoo in the water and gently rinse the stuck egg and any residue off of the chick using a cotton ball. Then I wrap it in a paper towel and dry it off a bit. After that I put it in an incubator that I use for just hatched chicks to keep it nice and warm. The main thing is not to let the chick get chilled. I can't stand to see them all crusty. This helps them to dry off nice an fluffy!
Hope this helps.
BunnyMomma
bun.gif

Well I waited for 12 hr so the little guy could rest up. He was up and walking ,doing well.Then I bathed him gently, careful to keep the water of his face.Then he just dropped dead.No chirping or nothing. I don't get it unless he had a bad heart or something.It did take him 4 days to get out of the egg so I suppose he probably did have something wrong with him.

Quote: I have two boys and , well, they like to point such things out. Maybe I should have been more of a prude and nixxed such topics when they were younger!! Because YES, it is embarassing when "it" is pointed out!
I have three boys and I know exactly what you two mean. It is embarassing when guests see them running around, not caring who sees them "letting it all hang out." They kick up a ruckus and chase the chickens, especially in the spring. The spend a lot of time in the creek, splashing and being loud, then dibble in the mud until they are covered in nastiness, and make me look like I don't take care of them at all. Now, granted, they don't do it as much in the winter and we do live may back in the woods, so no one much can see, but still.

Wait, are we talking about children or ducks? Because I only have two ducks and I don't know if they are boys or girls......
lau.gif
So true!!! I have some lovely pics of my boys stark naked except for their mud clothes!!! We positioned them with decency in mind for a photo shoot but too funny to see 2 mud children racing in the yard!! Faces too!! THank good ness I have an old tub outside . . . .

Yup. I'm no prude but it is embarrassing when I have people over and the boys are running around letting it all hang out.
Such behavior is not limited to young boys. Yesterday while fishing, I fell into the river. The only clothing in my truck was a shirt; so, I drove home wearing just a shirt. Very cautiously I might add so as to attract no attention.
lau.gif

Last September my oldest grand daughter lived with us for a bit. I told her that I hoped I would not forget and walk around the house naked. Her reply, "Pa, that would scar me for life."
gig.gif

Sourland, my first thought was "What kind of upholstery is on the seat?". 'Cause that could be really uncomfortable, depending on the material. Hope you didn't have far to drive!

And Wisher, we <I>were</I> originally talking 'bout boy duckies. Somebody took it sideways, but boys will be boys, of all species! :lau

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom