The Old Folks Home

Quote: Will try to find it for DH. His face is loking better today. His swollen eye lids have returned to normal. BUt Eye doc said at Mon appt that eye ball is enlarged. So he is now dosing with three meds into his eye!!! Poor guy, messing with his eyes is one thing he hates. Otherwise he claims he is fine.
idunno.gif

[/URL]

i crossed an Arkansas Blue rooster on my 2 blackEE frizzle hens. This is my fav baby. I lost an egg customer. She says my eggs are just too rich. WHAAAATTTTTT
Very cool!!

Too rich? What does this person eat?

THis morning I made a LC key lime cheesecake as in butter, cream cheese and whipping cream. That was rich . . . and delish! DH rated it a 7.5 outof 10! Two kids voted no, too sour. lol

Oz and a few others are always posting hunger inducing food pictures.

If you can corral some chickens where you don't want plants to grow, they'll take care of it unless it's something like stinging nettle or thistle.
Yeah I always try not to look. LOL

I have 20 birds loose at any given time. They'll peck at my back door from feed, but touch something I want them too and nothin. It's raing, so I won't be moving anything until it dries, but I have 3 pens I'm trying to use to finish tearing out the old lawn so I can finish tuening the yard. Not sure what that other stuff will look like after the rain, but I'm going to build 2 more of those pens anyway and just move them till it's clear. I want a real lawn again. This yard was green when we moved here, but that was grass, I want lawn. LOL

wolftracks,

You can try spraying them with vinegar & a couple drops of dawn dishsoap on a day it is supposed to stay sunny. The dishsoap removes protective oils and then the vinegar kills the plant. This works best somewhere with direct sunlight for 5 or 6 hours. Doesn't always work as well in shady areas. It also doesn't work on all plants but I do know it works on foxtail. At least none of this will hurt the kids or animals and it's cheap.
I did spray the first area that started. The vinegar is usually a big help, but not on this stuff.

I was thinking about the vinegar spray, too. It only provides top kill, so if you have perennial weeds or weeds with extensive root systems, they will show some damage but will grow back.
They've only been growning for about 2 weeks and close to the ground. It's such a big yard and all my aches and pains are getting worse, so since the birds can destroy my gardens and flower beds, I'm going to put them to work.

Coffee is extremely acidic so may work also.
I had to catch my breath. I've been stretching coffee out for myself, so hmmmmmm....maybe if I get really hard up. lol But thank you. I usually use coffee to help plants grow, so didn't know I could kill stuff off with it.

~~Saturday was such a tease here in Lower Alabama. It was 78 and sunny all day.

I finished my refurbished old door coffee table and got it in the house. I used the milk paint I bought earlier this year up in Birmingham when I went to see Wisher. I'm trying to think of another excuse to head back up there and get more chicks.
cool.png

I LOVE this!

wOw- kinda on current topic for once! (Me.)

Spent a couple hours on the deck with a friend listening to nature sounds. Heaven!
I spent an hour on the front porch watching a medivac and police helicoptors. Unfortunately, that's my nature sounds.
sad.png

Your's sounds like Heaven to me.

Originally Posted by kingfrodo

~~Saturday was such a tease here in Lower Alabama. It was 78 and sunny all day.

I finished my refurbished old door coffee table and got it in the house. I used the milk paint I bought earlier this year up in Birmingham when I went to see Wisher. I'm trying to think of another excuse to head back up there and get more chicks.
cool.png

Kingfrodo this is a cool table you did very unique.

ive never had an egg that was too rich. Weirdos is what u have lost. They havnt a clue. Dont sweat it
Sooo many people's taste buds are dead.
I saw a chef Ramsey show where he blindfolded a chef for a taste test. The chef didn't know if he was eating chicken, beef, pork or lamb.
If you can't tell that, then the quality and seasoning don't matter either.

Yeah I always try not to look. LOL

I have 20 birds loose at any given time. They'll peck at my back door from feed, but touch something I want them too and nothin. ...

So true
I had to catch my breath. I've been stretching coffee out for myself, so hmmmmmm....maybe if I get really hard up. lol But thank you. I usually use coffee to help plants grow, so didn't know I could kill stuff off with it.

Coffee's great for acid loving plants like azalea, rhododendron, holly. It can kill those that prefer alkaline soil.
The grounds go into the compost or into the mulch for acid lovers.
I used to drink about 2 pots a day. I quit cold turkey about 4 months ago. I'm back up to 1 cup a day. My wife drinks about 4. We're using sooo much less now.

I spent an hour on the front porch watching a medivac and police helicoptors. Unfortunately, that's my nature sounds.
sad.png

Your's sounds like Heaven to me.
I'm on a fairly busy 2 lane road in the burbs. They replaced the bridge at the bottom of the hill several years ago. There's an old folks home half way between here and the bridge. For over a year while the bridge was out, it was so quiet here except. Ambulances used to visit the home coming from the other direction, while the bridge was out about 4 ambulances a day would scream by. Other than that it was very peaceful. I really didn't want to see the bridge finished.

Greetings earthlings.

Our dramas at CocoBeach are subsiding. Bernie and AnnaLou decided to resign as AnnaLou wants to return to school and her aunt is sponsoring her.

This caused major panic.

After a discussion with Bernie he wants to stay on as a day labourer. Wehave about three months work on projects so that will make a nice transition time.

Aljay, the student we are sponsoring fit a bachelor's in agriculture is sold and has proven to be a good worker. He finished his enrollment bits this week and will start in June.

Dominic, our previous gardener wants to return. His wife Ging is six months pregnant so she will just be on light duties like watering the plants.

Our piggery is underway. They delivered a thousand pieces of roof thatch today and another thousand next week.

We had over a hundred imported egg chicks hatch over the weekend to as to the two hundred local laid egg chicks in the brooder. Turkeys ducks and maybe goose will hatch this weekend.

The girls made pineapple jam today. Mango jam will be started tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom