The Old Folks Home

Well, he is no dummy, goes after little miss easy.  A brown sexlink.  She's a sweetheart, and goes to everyone, and doesn't bother any of the other chickens.  Wish I had gotten a girl too.  This guy is from the ones I won and got for the EHAL ron.  Wait, he's only three and a half months!
slutty chickens and balls.... I knew this was good thread!!:lau as far as singing.... I was a soprano soloist... in regards to chickens... I'm bad I've been shopping.... breeds that give a colorful egg basket and good community girls? I dislike bantams. So suggestions please. I think my bandits are gone. Possibly would love hatching eggs in spring... what's every one got.

Quote:
LOL.... I dont have any... so no help here.... But I loved my Welsummers Beautiful terracotta colored egg and speckles on top of that... They were very LF for me... got them from Redwing Hatchery in northern California. Unfortunately they only sell to feed stores... I ordered mine through the feed store I deal with. Ordered 20 girls and 5 boys figuring some wouldnt make it... ALL made it and the roos got along very very well. Course they all grew up together. after the first year I was down to three roos and 18 hens.... Accidents, predators, one hen hid on me while free ranging... predator must have got her. stuff like that.

deb

Dominiques have great personalities and lay pinkish brown eggs
I like all of the Ameraucanas.... But EEs are easier to get, and you can get good color eggs from them, you just never know.

I hear some people complain about their Marans, but mine from breeders have been nice and easy to work with, super dark eggs, but NOT good production... welsummers have better production and also lay dark eggs, though often not as dark (depends on the line of course).

If we are dreaming, I would add some Isabella Leghorns.. Pretty, pretty!!! And the white eggs really brighten up the egg basket. Also, they lay very well for a colored leghorn.

Well, Old Folks, I did something this afternoon that I haven't done in a long time.

I was headed home from work and noticed my neighbors in their hay field, bringing in baled hay from the field. They are both retired and I would guess in their mid to upper 60's. It was just him throwing hay and her driving the truck. I honked the horn at them as I went by, but by the time I had driven the mile or so home, I knew I had to help. I found that only one of my three sons was home and I told him what "Mr. Tommy and Ms. Ruby" were doing and asked him what he thought. He said he thought he should go help them. Good boy. We went back and it only took us an hour to get all the bales in the field on the trailer. It was a small field, and only about 100 bales and Mr. Tommy had baled them light, thankfully.

I actually did better than I thought I would, but I may pay for it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom