The Old Folks Home

I think Calif. had one up on the other states for schools back in the mid 70's. My jr. high had 12" fence with barbed wire around it and they locked the gates to keep you in and the world out.
It felt like a prison!
I wore jeans to Deb.

You guys are making me feel way too nostalgic, LOL.

Our HS had two campuses. One was for Fresh/Sophs and the the other for Junior/Seniors. The latter was a new, modern building that set up on a hilltop. Frankly, I hated high school with a searing passion but I do remember how sweet it was when I got my drivers license and the folks bought me an old clunker so I could drive back and forth to school. We lived rural and I remember that the bus I had to ride was filled with kids from a near by town with the rep for being JDs for the most part. Since I was a nerd (probably queen of the nerds) I instantly became the focus of their harassment. One day when things had reached a breaking point, I went in and talked to the Dean and school superintendent about the harassment. The bus driver was there and verified everything I told them. I asked them what they were going to do about it because if they didn't do something, I was going to start driving to school. They said I couldn't do that. I asked them why not. They said because the school would loose the money that the state was reimbursing them for me riding the bus every day. I remember that I actually laughed at them and said, well better get use to less money because I'm out of there, got up and walked out of the meeting. I was a senior and felt empowered at that moment in time.

True to my word, I never set foot on the bus again.

Like I said, I just freaking hated high school but loved college. I could have become a professional student. Finally somewhere where I could take interesting courses and meet interesting people with similar interests. I finally decided that the main reason I hated high school was because it wasn't challenging enough for me. I went to one HS reunion and that was enough for me. I just had no desire to trip down that memory lane, even 25 years after graduation.

Quote: no choice we had to wear dresses even the pants had to be under a dress
but that show's how old I really am
yippiechickie.gif

They started letting girls wear pants in my Sophmore year. But...short skirts had come into style! :p I pretty much wore pants/jeans the last 2 yrs. Bell bottoms.

They started letting girls wear pants in my Sophmore year. But...short skirts had come into style! :p I pretty much wore pants/jeans the last 2 yrs. Bell bottoms.
Sophomore in college was when we could wear skirts or dresses but knee
length bell bottoms came in later

Hey does anyone know what kind of baby bird this is? It was on my cart when I went out to transplant my elderberry bushes.

I had my Dh put it on a branch in our pear tree near by. I'm hoping it's mom or dad show up to get it. But just incase they don't does anyone have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom