The Old Folks Home

Mine are 4.9 and 1.6. At least that's what they say.
The 49 yr old would be my husband. rolleyes.gif

Are we talking days, months or years? So no panicking if you're not back by 2020?:pop
:lau

I will be gone just under three weeks... going to see my not-yet-dead father... :duc Gunna be all kinds of stressful...but we have set it up where my mom and myself have him on weekends, and then my sister has him during the week. So hopefully that will give my mom a much needed break, not be so much that it sends my sister into crying fits, be enough to please my dad, and be short enough for me that I will be able to stay calm and kind. :fl

I am bringing my youngest with me...my dad has been sick for long enough now (and once he got sick he stopped traveling, so hasn't been up to Alaska for years), that my youngest can't remember him. So youngest will get to meet him...but again hopefully the visits will be short enough that youngest won't get too freaked.

And no, I have no problems with my kids seeing death, or people fading, or illness....it is that my dad is now ....well...mean.

-sigh-

Good quiet morning everyone
smileys-coffee-292599-gif.1039839

Wow, what a wild Sunday p.m. It started out ok, just a little wet. Then around supper time it started. Watches, warnings, watches and then the first storm hit. After that it was one warning after another. The storms just kept coming. Never lost power but a lot of folks up here did and are still out. I can't remember ever having one after another roll thru like that with no break and it went on nonstop for more than 5 hours. Don't know exactly how much rain because my gauge only holds 4" and it overflowed. We are supposed to be dry today and you folks to the south get a turn then we get it again on Tuesday.
My chicks are supposed to ship from Hoover's in northern Iowa today. I hope they're going to equip them with little water wings!
Have a blessed, safe week!

Back
Top Bottom