The Old Folks Home

Too, the Seller took a couple of the chandeliers (fine as they weren't conveyed in the deal) and -- unbeknownst to us -- all the wall-mounted light fixtures AND the medicine cabinet.

I do believe that unless it is stated in the contract the the seller wants to keep certain things in the house, that if it is bolted down, it is supposed to stay.
Yep. Pretty much anything loose is fair game for the prior owner to take unless otherwise noted in the sales contract. Appliances are typically defined as included or excluded. Anything else is included UNLESS specifically excluded in the contract. I would contact your lawyer and see if you can't get some money out of those scumbags. Maybe take them to small claims court so you don't have legal fees.

Most of the heritage breeds are not fighters. That is one of the reasons that the anti rooster laws are silly!(Reality check--those laws are not for noise lol..They are for the Sport that we cannot name!).
Maybe in CA. I'm quite sure it is a noise ordinance in cities/towns here.

My Hero! UNTIL I remembered that a few days ago, he started feeding the stupid birds, and CAUSED the whole problem.
Oops. Yeah, really is best not to feed the large critters with sharp beaks.

Yep. Pretty much anything loose is fair game for the prior owner to take unless otherwise noted in the sales contract. Appliances are typically defined as included or excluded. Anything else is included UNLESS specifically excluded in the contract. I would contact your lawyer and see if you can't get some money out of those scumbags. Maybe take them to small claims court so you don't have legal fees.

Maybe in CA. I'm quite sure it is a noise ordinance in cities/towns here.

Oops. Yeah, really is best not to feed the large critters with sharp beaks.
If you check into it, it is not a noise ordinance--People think it is but it is not. If it was noise, then they would ban dogs too since they are noisier.

We can't talk about it here but there is a very big problem with betting and crime in the US because of "it".

Prove me wrong though and check into it yourself

I'm on the 'joe' myself
sipping-coffee.gif

working a double on a job I'm not supposed to be on anymore...:mad:
Oh well, $$s good.

If you check into it, it is not a noise ordinance--People think it is but it is not. If it was noise, then they would ban dogs too since they are noisier.

We can't talk about it here but there is a very big problem with betting and crime in the US because of "it".

Around here LOTS of cities and towns have "no farm animal" zoning. People wanting to have chickens (which was quite common everywhere in the state many decades back) have to petition the city/town to allow chickens and get a goodly number of people to sign same. When granted it is quite typical to see a limit of 5, no roosters and setbacks for both the coop and run. It is about noise and potential odors. Remember some neighborhoods have houses 10 feet and less from each other on small lots. And yes many dogs are much noisier than chickens, like the one SW of us. Hardly hear the 2 roosters to the NE both houses are at ~550' from us.

If the concern was c0ckfighting, roosters would be banned in the entire state (other than licensed breeders) would they not? I do understand that concern exists in other areas where that illegal "sport" is prevalent.

I know "illegal" doesn't mean "doesn't happen" but it it interesting to see the year various states made c0ckfighting illegal. Vermont was the 3rd in 1854, Oklahoma the last in 2002. Arizona not much earlier - 1998. Missouri is interesting, banned in 1873, overturned in 1984, and banned again in 1998.
http://www.apnm.org/campaigns/cockfighting/ban_dates.html

Morning all dog fighting or cock fighting still happen some raids I had the displeasure of
going into some to treat or let go easier than life was for them nightmares never go away
maybe that is what lead me to current with 99 percent rescues here ...
I would wave a magic wand say so there are no bad people as long as there is
that type of thing is still happening

Morning all, thought I would tell you guys about the yummy dinner we had the other day. I kept seeing the "Baked Cabbage Steaks" on facebook and finally decided to try them. Delicious and easy too!
Pretty much, just slice a cabbage into 1 inch slices after removing stem and outer leaves, brush both sides in olive oil and season. The recipe shows using salt, pepper, and garlic, but we put a little sea salt and some mrs dash on them. Cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to brown.

We served it over white rice.

Morning all, thought I would tell you guys about the yummy dinner we had the other day. I kept seeing the "Baked Cabbage Steaks" on facebook and finally decided to try them. Delicious and easy too!
Pretty much, just slice a cabbage into 1 inch slices after removing stem and outer leaves, brush both sides in olive oil and season. The recipe shows using salt, pepper, and garlic, but we put a little sea salt and some mrs dash on them. Cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to brown.

We served it over white rice.

Heck gave me heads up on dinner or maybe small variation to what I have here

Yep, MrsMisty that pretty much describes me this morning. Three cups of coffee though and I'm done. I'd love more. DH drinks coffee all day but I have an arrhythmia that can be aggravated by caffeine and have to tone it down a bit. Unfair :he as I love coffee.

I looked up those cabbage steaks. They look yummy. We have been trying to eat meatless more. Today's lunch is beans/corn/rice with cheese topping for DH and quinoa, avocado topped with sweet salsa for me. May have to give the new recipe a try.

Back
Top Bottom